Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I'm in need of assistance from someone familiar with the Lowrance LMS-337c models. When I connect to 12V and hit the power button, the display just quickly flickers once and does not power up at all (no beeps). I've already confirmed that I'm feeding the unit 12V and there is no corrosion or damage to any of the pins. Also there is no fuse link on the wires, so that can't be the issue.

I've already contacted 3 or 4 repair companies and they said they're unable to service this model. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm comfortable opening the case if necessary.
Thank you in advance.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,383 Posts
Power cable should have a fuse. Are you going from lowrance power cable to another cable by chance?

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Always need a fuse somewhere in the power line ,

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yes I should have had a fuse connected to begin with. I had the unit powered on without one: It stayed on for a few minutes then it just turned off all the sudden. Now when I press the power button the display just gives a quick flicker of light and nothing else. I'm just searching for a possible way to make a repair on my own since no one works on them anymore.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,383 Posts
Yes I should have had a fuse connected to begin with. I had the unit powered on without one: It stayed on for a few minutes then it just turned off all the sudden. Now when I press the power button the display just gives a quick flicker of light and nothing else. I'm just searching for a possible way to make a repair on my own since no one works on them anymore.
Did you try putting a fuse on it now? honestly you can buy those units for darn cheap so not the end of the world if you can't get it to work.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you try putting a fuse on it now? honestly you can buy those units for darn cheap so not the end of the world if you can't get it to work.
Yes, I attached one yesterday to see what would happen and it just does the same thing (a quick flicker at the touch of the power button).

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
I know some Lowrance units have a hard or a soft restart.
Have you tried a restart?
Who knows if this will work for you or not but it may be worth a try.

On the HDS units a soft restart would be
1 Turn off power
2 Press and hold Pages key
3 Press and hold Power key
4 Release both buttons when USA Map appears

Again for HDS units a Hard restart would be
1 Turn off power
2 Press and hold the Z in & Z out keys at the same time
3 Press and hold the Power key
4 Release both when the USA map appears.

My guess is the unit is fried internally somehow.

One of my HDS units did the same thing a few weeks. I just turned it off and 10 minutes later it came back to life. My guess is it will self destruct one day and I'll be shopping for something new.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know some Lowrance units have a hard or a soft restart.
Have you tried a restart?
Who knows if this will work for you or not but it may be worth a try.

On the HDS units a soft restart would be
1 Turn off power
2 Press and hold Pages key
3 Press and hold Power key
4 Release both buttons when USA Map appears

Again for HDS units a Hard restart would be
1 Turn off power
2 Press and hold the Z in & Z out keys at the same time
3 Press and hold the Power key
4 Release both when the USA map appears.

My guess is the unit is fried internally somehow.

One of my HDS units did the same thing a few weeks. I just turned it off and 10 minutes later it came back to life. My guess is it will self destruct one day and I'll be shopping for something new.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Thanks for the suggestions -- I tried that procedure several times and it just didn't work, so I'm guessing something internal did fry. I'll just end up throwing it up on ebay to sell for parts; transducer and speed sensor too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts