Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sonar on my LCX26 stopped working, and even after reset it still won't work... Before tossing it or buying new transducer, I would like try it on another boat.. Just wondering if anyone docked in the Turtle Creek/ Wild Wings area has a boat with same unit in water that I could plug it into to see if it works with your transducer... I still have a Hummingbird 788 unit for backup but like the 26 and hate to toss it if it is just a bad transducer.. I will be in that area for several days beginning Weds. thanks

·
Registered
261 Posts
I can't help with another boat to try the unit on, but I've had experience with the same model. Those units are tempermental regarding the power cord. One, at that connections to the battery/terminal end. The other issue and this is the most troubled area, is the pin connection area on the plug at the head unit. Take a straightend hook, some cleaner and work the id of those pins. My buddy was about to send his unit back several years ago because it would not boot up. In desperation after looking at everything else, we cleaned the id of those pins plugs. It has worked ever since.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts