close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lowrance issue....

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by EE, Aug 24, 2007.

1. EE

EE

I have a 332C that is acting up right now......... going to call Lowrance first thing Monday morning, but until then I figured I might get some feedback from other OGF'ers.

Basically, it is turning on, on it's own. I'll turn it off, then it will come back on within seconds....... like the power button doesn't even matter.
    The beeping sound is constant, the picture flutters (although I can make out the sonar picture and the GPS signal), then I'll turn it off quickly......... then it turns itself back on again, beeps and continually flutters.....the only way to get it to stay off is to disconnect the power cable, which I've done obviously.

I've checked all connections, checked the power source for corrosion, checked the fuse (although there would be no power at all if the fuse was blown), etc.

Anybody ever see this before? It looks like something is definitely wrong with the electrical circuit somewhere, and what concerns me is it appears to be inside the unit, not outside.......... yikes

2. I have an Eagle 500 C Fish Elite that is doing same thing. I pull the fuse to make sure it shuts off. It was coming on all by itself noticed one day when I was working in garage. Have not asked Lowrance about it yet.

3. EE, i have a 334c unit and had problems with it this spring. about half of the buttons wouldn't respond when i hit them. i called Lowrance and had to send it back. i had it back in a week and it has worked fine since. mine was less than a year old, so it was still under warranty. i had to pay shipping to send it to Lowrance. i also got another year warranty on it. hopefully i won't need it.

4. EE

EE

yep, I'm guessing my unit is out of warranty, I've had it for 2 years. I'll find out Monday how much this will cost me!:p

Either way, I was hoping to get some feedback from someone who may have already gone through this.

Papaperch, I'll let you know what they say... I'll try to get it posted here or I'll shoot you a PM.