Lowrance High-speed ethernet connection???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fletch, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Fletch

Fletch FishOn

Do any of you have the Lowrance units set up to use the High-speed ethernet connection? How do you like it?
    I'm in the market for two new units and I wanted to get your opinions on this setup. I'm thinking about buying the LMS-520C or 522C. Is there any additional hardware that I would need to link two units together?

I have another question about the LMS-522C. I read a post that mentions the internal GPS antenna is slightly less accurate than the external antenna. Any truth to this?
    I know that you can't mount a 522C in the dash because internal antenna wont' work correctly or at all.
    So should I just purchase two LMS-520C units with the external GPS and link them together?

Thanks very much,
    Fletch

2. Fletch

Fletch FishOn

Found some info on the lowrance site.
    Sonar Sharing via Ethernet
    Lowrance head units that contain a 5-pin Ethernet connector are capable of sharing scrolling sonar data. This feature allows remote head units to view scrolling sonar as well as control sonar functions from another unit’s transducer.
    To connect any two Ethernet devices, including head units, only one Ethernet cable is required.
    Only one transducer is required for multiple display units connected by an Ethernet cable. However, multiple display units connected by an Ethernet cable can share sonar information between two or more transducers.

If anyone has any experience with this let me know your opinions.
    Thanks