Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi was wondering input or opinions on buying the elite 5 vs the 597hd di or 596 di..i already have 1 of the humminbird 597hd di units and i really like it ($600) the lowrance elite 5 is on sale for $379 at gander was kicking around the idea of getting one for the trolling motor..have had good luck (knock on wood with the humminbird) but for the price of the lowrance it seems hard to pass up..dont really need the gps on the trolling motor is why i listed the 596di unit..not sure what to do the elites have good reviews i see..hard to decide..was wondering if anyone else has the elite on there trolling motor and how does it work for you?
thanks for your imput

·
Registered
721 Posts
I have an Elite 5 upfront and if I had to do it again I would go with the Humminbird. I have a 587 HD DI at the counsel and like it better then the Elite. To me the Humminbird has better controls and sonar to me seems to be a little better in detail.

Now for the price difference the Elite 5 will work very well and does have GPS.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your imput..thinking ill wait and save a little more money and just get another humminbird..thanks again

·
Registered
614 Posts
Humminbird now has a 5 series SI unit that lists for $699. A little patience and some research and you could probably find one of those for $600.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kicked around that idea as well..then i could put the 597 di on the trolling motor and the 598 si on the dash...i do know gander had a really good sale on the 597hd di unit last yr for like $485 and also had a $50 rebate (after i paid full price at bps) unless i read that wrong..just dont know if that was a one time thing or yearly sale or what not..guess ill keep my eyes out maybe ill get lucky and the 598 will be on there this yr..
thanks again for your opinions

1 - 6 of 6 Posts