Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an email from GANDER MOUNTAIN today for this fishfinder/chartplotter combo good for today only online or in-store. Original price was $599.99 and now it is $349.99. You save $250.00. Just thought I'd pass it on.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I paid $299 for my elite-5 combo last december in a cabelas clearance.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
The OP is referring to a DSI unit, not a standard elite 5.
OP didn't mention DSI..I called it a combo because of both gps and sonar along with the DSI which is regularly $599.99. I paid cabelas $299.99 for the Elite5 DSI after I returned the $350 bass pro black friday Elite-5 DSI sale last year.

Some good deals will be available on electronics for people wanting to upgrade in the off season.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Might want to re-read the title line. Either way, you got one heck of a deal !! I'm in the market & would love to pay 299

·
5,997 Posts
Bought the Elite 5dsi. Great unit. But wouldn't recommend for some one fishing east end of erie. Great for finding structure. But Erie is like a Smooth bowl. Not a full season now Gps quit locating and locking. So mine going back this winter.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
146 Posts
That sounds like a great deal. I have the elite 5 without DSI. If I had to do over, I would go with DSI.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
473 Posts
Good catch...

I was afraid I paid too much at $379 at Gander Mountain for my Elite 5X DSI (with GPS), with this listed at $249....but, they make the Elite 5X in two flavors, I guess (one is strictly the Sonar, and the other is the Combo).

·
Registered
137 Posts
I only know this because I was in cabellas today about to buy it. They do it in the 7x also. I think I might buy the 7 over the winter. When you see them up close the 7 is u huge difference when running 3 screens

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
I dumped my Humminbird 586C this Spring and bought the Lowrance Elite 5 DSI combo for my inland lakes boat. Does a very good job but prefer the regular sonar picture that my unit without DSI displays. My purpose in getting the DSI was for inland bottom structure but now feel the standard sonar display is easy enough to interpret without the DSI. I would not get the DSI if I had to do it again.

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
I dumped my Humminbird 586C this Spring and bought the Lowrance Elite 5 DSI combo for my inland lakes boat. Does a very good job but prefer the regular sonar picture that my unit without DSI displays. My purpose in getting the DSI was for inland bottom structure but now feel the standard sonar display is easy enough to interpret without the DSI. I would not get the DSI if I had to do it again. Paid $334 shipped from the GPS Store.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts