close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lowrance downscan walleye images?

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by rangerpig250, Mar 19, 2017.

1. rangerpig250

rangerpig250 walleye rookie

Just curious if anyone can post what pics of walleye look like on their downscan? Trying to get more familiar with my HDS12 gen3. The last two trips out when I thought I had good marks on my 2d screen I clicked over to downscan and barely saw a thing? Usually a small spec or two, nothing like I was seeing in 2d. I like the downscan for looking for higher marks but I'm afraid I'm not picking them up for some reason. Thanks, Rangerpig

2. Meerkat

Meerkat Member

Run a split screen 2d & downscan. The walleye you see on 2d will look like a small white stick on dnscan. If it is bait it will be a bunch of little white specks. Sheephead will be white blob.

fishforfun and Shortdrift like this.

3. rangerpig250

rangerpig250 walleye rookie

Hmmmm, think I might need to make an adjustment, I have yet to see any " white sticks". Maybe I'm just seeing junk? I've had screen lit up on 2d with just a couple small blobs on downscan

4. They look like rice crispys.

rangerpig250 likes this.
  5. Meerkat

Meerkat Member

I will try to remember to take a screenshot nxt time I am out.

rangerpig250 likes this.
  6. Meerkat

Meerkat Member

Mark on 2d may be 2" long but on dnscan will be maybe 1/8" stick. But it will be in same relative position. Sidescan same thing but you are seeing 80' on each side of boat. Want to make a turn? Helps you decide which way