close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lowrance 68C

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Lundy, May 2, 2004.

1. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

I was looking for a new depth finder for the bow of my boat that I could use with the built in universal transducer on my trolling motor.

There are a lot of good, high quality fishfinders available today from many manufacturers that would fill my needs nicely. I wanted the highest resolution, yet really didn't want to spend a bunch of money.

I ended up deciding on the Lowrance 68C. This is a fairly small, color unit with great resolution. This unit also has screen optios that give you the traditional screen view and also a flasher view option. In flasher view it works just like a vexilar except it uses lots of clors versus just 3 colors like the Vexilar. My son was using the flasher view yesterday while we fishing Erie. He had a lot of fun jigging for the perch and watching them come up to the spoon and hit it. It was like ice fishing on soft water, really nice.

This unit also has GPS + WAAS mapping. This feature along with the flasher screen is what made my decision to purchase this unit. The 68C will perform double duty for me. In the summer it will be my bow fishfinder, in the winter, I will use the portable soft pack with it for ice fishing. The flasher and GPS capabilities make it ideal for both. I'm looking forward to being able to actually return to the same spot when ice fishing.

This unit with the soft portable pack, battery, ice transducer, runs around $475.00. Not bad for a duel fuction finder, with GPS + WAAS.

Kim

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Livin' the moontime

just purchased this unit as well. LOTS of bang for your buck!
    the first time I turned it on and saw that beautiful color I felt like Belushi in the Blues Brothers....
    "DO you SEE the LIGHT ?!?" :cool: :eek: :cool:
    Color isn't as expensive as most might think.
    Lowrance M68C (with WAAS GPS) $399
    X67C (just sonar) $299
    both have 320 X 240 resolution. FANTASTIC picture !!!
    EH

3. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Fine review Lundy, thanks for sharing!

4. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Not today maybe............it was 2 or 3 years ago. ;)
    Looks to me like there's alot of top quality, high resolution depth finders reasonable now too.