close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

lowrance 527C

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bountyhunter, Aug 3, 2007.

1. looking at buying a new finder/gps anybody use this mod, lowrance 527C pro's /cons .thanks jim

2. Grumpy

Grumpy Certified Old Geezer

The con would be Lowrances cust. service should you ever need it. In my opinion they have to be the worst in the country.

3. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

i have a lowrance 334i and have had no problems at all. this unit has well over 500 hours on it. i think the 527 replaced it. i might be wrong on that. i dont know about cust service but ask toxic, i remember a post of his where he praised the service he received:p

4. Seaturd

Seaturd Catcher of Fish

I'll agree 100% with Grumpy on this one. SOB's never once returned a call or email.

5. triton175

triton175 STX 206 Viper

I too have the 334i and love it . The 522 replaced the 334. The 527 is really the same thing except it has dual frequency sonar, where the 522 is single frequency. I had to call customer support once when I was setting it up with my Navionics card. I was on hold for a few minutes, talked to a guy who walked me through the set-up and I was good to go. It was a simple problem and I should have been able to do it myself, I just wasn't thinking.
    Brian

6. NO PROBLEM with them at all. I have spoken to them several times about my unit and have got knowledgable replies over the phone with very short hold times.:D