close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lowrance 335c df

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by jaredj, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Hi all, I recently bought this unit and it seems to be very nice, But I'm having a few problems with it.
    1. It used to beep everytime I pressed a button, now it doesn't. I have checked the settings and they are correct with the volume all the way up.
    2. I have not seen any archs on the unit to represent fish. I have played with the sensitivity and still doens't show. I installed the Skimmer (transducer) just like the manual says.
    3. When going at high speeds the bottom floor on the screen shows up messy and not solid like it does going slow. There is also alot of garbage throughout the screen at any speed.

I've sent a email to Lowrance, but have yet to hear back. Has anyone else had any of these issues? Can any help me? Thanks in advance

2. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Archs can be tricky, the angle has everything to do with them. Try moving the transducer up and/or back a notch until you get some. The variation on picture vs speed is normal. The "garbage" could be the sensitivity is too high, also there's a setting for noise or interferance. I leave mine off, or I lose my arches sometimes. (lcx15-mt)
    There's aways the possibility of turbulence and/or electrical interferance. How the wires run next to other wires and make a direct connection to the battery too.
    As for the beeps.....there should be a setting for them, turns them on or off, volume too. If all that's correct, maybe it's defective? Call Lowrance, they can also tell you how to reset the whole unit, might need to be rebooted.
    Call the 800 number for service not an email, you may never hear from them otherwise.

3. My X125 did the same things with the sounds. If you put your ear close, you could hear them. I sent it back and they sent me a new one. There is a way to reset the unit, but I think mine had an amplifier issue. I also have the same thing with the display at higher speeds. I never lose signal, but the display is broken up. It doesn't bother me, so I've never tried to tweek the transducer to see if I could fix it. Regarding the arches, if your display shows the bottom good, I think your unit is working correctly. How often have you had it out? Is it possible you haven't gone over anything yet? What happens if you set the sensitivity around 90%? That will usually black out my screen, so that would tell you if it's picking everything up.