close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lower LMR 4/9/08

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fisharder, Apr 9, 2008.

1. fisharder

fisharder fisharder

I hit the lower LMR this morning the river was ugly it was still out of its banks. Tried to cast and pitch between the trees with no luck. Worked my way up a small creek till I found some better looking water. Shad were busting everywhere you looked in this creek. I cought a flat ton of wb and hybrids. By lunch time my catching muscles were sore. I had 6lb test on my rod and broke off ten fish befor lunch. I went home swaped spools grabed a hot dog and went back. Fished till 6:30 and my back just couldn`t take it anymore. I lost count of how many fish I cought but it was about every cast. A lot of the wb were in the 2 to 3 lb range. One of my hybrids went
    about 8 lbs. Best day of bank fishing I have had in a long time.

2. cantsleep

cantsleep 3rd shift blues

Sounds like a great day, I still haven't tried the rivers, but it is getting close.
    Were you jigging?

3. sevenx

sevenx "I sat by the river" N.Mc

Nice!!! sounds like a fun day. I need to get out there. Hopefully the rain will hold off and we can get this run in full stream. Just curious about water depth any hints. S

4. fisharder

fisharder fisharder

I was throwing a 3 inch grub.The fish were everywhere but it seemed like I had to get the jig on the bottom befor the fish would pick it up. I would of took my boat but all the ramps are closed.That boat is a back saver forsure.The area I was fishing is influenced by the Ohio river and the way there pulling water I don`t think the creek I was in will have much water in it in a day or two.

5. sevenx

sevenx "I sat by the river" N.Mc

Thanks F. I hope the cold weather and rain (maybe snow) were do has no effect on em. I may get out in the morning to give it a try myself of course it will storm and ruin my plan but thats alright were just getting started. Thanks for the report. S

6. Paddled LMR from just below Magrish about half way up toward Beechmont, cool and windy, wish I had seen the creek you mentioned, Fisharder!
    Did mark a few fish here and there, but nothing was biting chartruese or white grubs on lead head, were you above or below Beechmont?
    LMJ

7. fisharder

fisharder fisharder

Jeff the river droped about 8 feet and there is hardly any water where I was fishing now.I had been fishing duck creek but all the water is gone so my guess is they pulled back somewhere between the bridge and the ohio. There was still some shad up the creek befor the rain yesterday but I zeroed. I am thinking there still close. I think the river will clear fast when they shut down the flow from eastfork and cc monday or tuesday. After sunday I can fish all week long so I will pm you and terry if they show back up and I pretty sure they will.

8. Appreciate it, saw some little minnows, when I would cast they would jump all over, but not any shad. I'm taking Thurs and Fri off to go to Great Lakes for my son's graduation, I'm either hitting Meldahl or Greenup on the way out in the AM for a couple hours before the drive north, river looks to be settling into decent pool depth by then.
    Greenup will have a foot or two on the high walk by then, the hybrids just may be on in the boils then.

LMJ