Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... its like Russian roulette with launch ramps...
Started at Price - too low and muddy, Les's, Bonner, Corps - all closed.
Dutch Harbor... Easy to lauch, but take out with a NW wind (at 25) isn't any fun.

Originally (and still)want to put in at Price - check out the spillway/dam and work the channel up to Rt 14 - know NOTHING about it - just looks inviting. With the rain and the lake level, even 4X4 isn't likely to help use Price rd...

Ran through tressel headed for RT 14 bridge.
Windy is an understatement, and had issues with trolling harnesses - so drifted (wind changed directions several times).

Not much action - worked further towards willow creek.
Buddy got a crappie at the point before the opening in from of willow - that must have been 4" thick (and rather lengthy)... Impressive - but every DAMN time we tried to drift the point, the wind changed directions - three times - so we putzed back up lake and picked up a very healthy kitty. In and out of rain - gale force (seemed like in a small boat) winds which the gods seemed to humor themselves by changing directions every time we attempted to set up a drift, and the rough ride back in - soaked..
Yep - great day.

This season the triangle (Berlin, Milton, and West Branch) has seemed slower than previous years - but even so - I've gotten out more than the last 5 years - so its still been a great year.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Sounds pretty much like a "Regular Day Out" around here Brett..I know just how ya feel!! These kinds,, of days on the water ,,are making you a better Fisherman,, as hard as it seems to believe.. & even though you didn't get into them,,you learned a few things that you will be able to use the next time you have similar conditions... I have had some of the kind of results this year too.. I'm going out tomorrow,,I hope things start to turn around for the Fall,,for ALL of us!! Good luck next time out..It just might the day you will not forget!! ----->>>>>sonar<<<<<-----

·
Registered
91 Posts
Haven't been fishing for awhile (since beginning of Aug.)and knowing this cold front might was coming, my dad and myself went to Berlin Res. on 09/12 and fished for a couple hours after work.
We did OK.
We launched at Dutch Harbor at 5:30 and fished to 7:45.
We trolled flicker shads and shad raps south of 224 +.
5 walleye...20.5,19,16.5,15 and a shorty.
I'm looking forward to the fall......casting the cranks and vibes to the shore lines and the walleyes getting fatter.
Good fishing to All

·
Registered
228 Posts
thats better than ok for a couple hrs good job im headed up tomrrow for eys hope to to ok also

1 - 5 of 5 Posts