Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my emails. Not drawn for dove, deer or pheasants hunts. Anyone get lucky?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
i know of 4 unsuccessful applicants so far….
dove, waterfowl, waterfowl blind, deer archery
🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
they are to rigged to put in for. I had an ODNR person tell me that the same people will always be picked year after year because of the way they do it

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Not when they knowingly allow the illegal open trading of the hunts. It is against the ORC and they won't enforce it.

·
Conservation,the best story that's never told
607 Posts
they are to rigged to put in for. I had an ODNR person tell me that the same people will always be picked year after year because of the way they do it
learn to play the cards that you are dealt, not the hand you want.

kinda funny the division played the game just as well as we did. Turns out they are only hunting 3 blinds at Magee marsh this year instead of the usual 25 plus.........they just forgot to tell us until the deadline has passed and everyone already put in their money for the drawing.
touche ODNR touche

·
Where’s the bass?
265 Posts
We went 0-70 between three of us. Last year drew 6 so was definitely expecting something.

·
Registered
438 Posts
learn to play the cards that you are dealt, not the hand you want.

kinda funny the division played the game just as well as we did. Turns out they are only hunting 3 blinds at Magee marsh this year instead of the usual 25 plus.........they just forgot to tell us until the deadline has passed and everyone already put in their money for the drawing.
touche ODNR touche
Not true. The information was released and reported on well in advance of the deadline.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Drew a mercer waterfowl for 1-22 . Should a good date if the weather if favorable . I've heard good things about mercer but haven't ever hunted it.

I put in for 16 deer or waterfowl hunts and that was the only one I drew .

Last yr I drew a Pickerel waterfowl hunt . It was a afternoon hunt.

I have never drawn a deer hunt and I've put in for them alot over the years .

·
Conservation,the best story that's never told
607 Posts
Not true. The information was released and reported on well in advance of the deadline.

Thanks for the information................I stand corrected.

I guess one would have expected it to be more visible when applying for said hunt instead of burying it somewhere 12 days into the application process.

Again maybe it was, but everyone i have spoken to about it nobody was aware of it

·
'Super Moderator'
13,091 Posts
Bet that was the same ODNR rascal goin around years ago tellin folks that ODNR was dropping timber rattlers at night from blacked out stealth choppers in southern Ohio to control the turkey population.
Bet ODNR brass would like to find out who that fellar is that keeps puttin out all their deepest clandestine secrets .:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Only way to wake them up is not participate for couple of years and ,maybe they will make it a fairer drawing. They sure love that money flowing in.

·
Pole in hand
2 turn tables and a microphone.
265 Posts
I didnt get picked for the 6 waterfowl or the 2 small game hunts i entered

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I bought 10 lottery tickets and didn’t win anything and probably will buy more eventually and lose again so what’s the big deal about the hunt lotteries ? You may win but the odds are that you won’t,it’s a lottery what did you expect. There isn’t a lottery in the world setup to have a bunch of winners just the lucky ones. True that years back it seemed that you got picked more often but now they offer less days but a lot more places to chose from and species to choose from,that was never available before. Oh well there’s always next year. You can save your money but you’ll probably buy something else anyway. Just my opinion.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts