Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down to edgewater around 6 last night and hammered them. I was just filling up buckets for people. Every cast took a fish, i was using a blue and silver.caste master.caught 150 no exaggerating! They weren't huge but a few nice ones, there still there too. That place is saturated. It was a lot of fun.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Anything going on at eastlake wall?

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors

·
Wishin I was Fishin
257 Posts
I went to the lake on my lunch hour today. In 40 minutes I pulled 18 white bass on an agitator rig with a white tailed wiggle spoon. 4 or 5 were real dinks, the rest were decent sandwich size.

Attachments

·
Registered
451 Posts
Fishmonger were you at eastlake?that's a great lunch break!

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I was catching alot of white bass the other day on the rocky breakwall....fun time...they are very aggressive and you could see them by the hundreds under the boat on the rocks

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Went to Edgewater last night from 8-9. Caught ten on a white roadrunner with a white twistertail.. Biggest were 8-9 inches. A few people were pulling fish, however nobody was pulling em in on every cast.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was down there last night too. I don't know where they all went, i did notice they were following the bait and then turning around. Maybe its cause they fed so heavily the night before? I really don't know,i don't fish for em a lot. Also talked to a guy and he said there was a lot at wendy park off the old coast guard station. I thought it would last more than 1 day.

·
Wishin I was Fishin
257 Posts
Fishmonger were you at eastlake?that's a great lunch break!

I was at Gordon Park (e72) I work at University Circle so it only takes me around 12 minutes to get there. I keep my junk in the trunk. The only dilema was sneaking the fish back into the fridge at work. I triple bagged em. LOL:D

I'm gonna try it again today or tommorrow.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I was down there last night too. I don't know where they all went, i did notice they were following the bait and then turning around. Maybe its cause they fed so heavily the night before? I really don't know,i don't fish for em a lot. Also talked to a guy and he said there was a lot at wendy park off the old coast guard station. I thought it would last more than 1 day.
Was that you in the white tshirt and sunglasses fishing near the corner? I was the guy in the red shirt, camo ballcap, and jean shorts. I noticed a lot following the bait as well. Seemed to me like they were either biting really light, or were short striking the bait cuz if you didn't set the hook the very instant you felt something, the fish was gone.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Was that you in the white tshirt and sunglasses fishing near the corner? I was the guy in the red shirt, camo ballcap, and jean shorts. I noticed a lot following the bait as well. Seemed to me like they were either biting really light, or were short striking the bait cuz if you didn't set the hook the very instant you felt something, the fish was gone.
Yes" Shock em" that was me. Seems we were the only ones that didn't bring our camping gear.lol.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Yes" Shock em" that was me. Seems we were the only ones that didn't bring our camping gear.lol.
Ill say.....it only got worse after you left. Had a group set up to my left, they brought chairs (ok), boombox (sure), a small kiddie table (they had kids), stroller (again kids), buckets, cooler (for food, not fish), and two sawhorses. Never quite figured out what they were for. They carried em in, set em up, and there they sat. I left maybe 15-20 minutes after they set up, so maybe they used em later on. Who knows, to each their own

1 - 14 of 14 Posts