close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lost - Season IV

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Net, May 5, 2008.

1. If you're as addicted to this show as I am, I'd love to hear your theory on the show's premise.

I'm fairly certain we're dealing with time travel through multiple dimensions. Ben is desperately trying to keep the original timeline "contained", but with the murder of his daughter things are starting to unravel. Now Ben has recruited Sayid as a hit man to help put the original timeline back into balance. I still haven't figured out why the already dead characters keep popping in & out without staying longer. Perhaps the island is a main portal to the other dimensions. One thing is for sure...this has been one wild ride!

2. I don't really have any good theories other than I agree it is definitely some type of time travel which seemed to be revealed somewhat in recent episodes. They always make Ben out to be the bad guy but I keep wondering if perhaps he is not so bad in the end. It is a very addicting show but I often wonder why I don't just pony up and buy the DVD series when they are all done.:rolleyes: At times it seems to drag on a bit too long. My wife is more of that opinion than I am though.

3. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

I'm thinking "Purgatory"...! And I agree, some episodes seem to just run on too long and not reveal much. It's almost like they've backed themselves in to a corner and need to figure a way out by throwing an unrelated twist in the mix.

4. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

ahhhh...Lost....I am addicted bigtime!
    No real theories here either,but a few questions I wish the writers would answer.
    Rodney,I saw an interview with a writer and he denied the purgatory angle,but who knows,for sure?
    Is Ben good or evil?
    Does Whidmore want the island for its healing powers?
    Why does Jack want to get back to the island so bad?To help the remaining people?
    There is definately some time/dimension travel going on.
    Thanks for this thread...I am really surprised no one brought up this topic already.
    I know I started to several times.

5. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

6. I like the show but I think they jumped the shark with this one, and now they can move the island. I think the show is sinking.

7. KaGee

KaGee Monkeywrench Staff Member

I thought the show had too much water in the bilge since day one. I'm forced to watch it to keep the peace and my rights to the TV on NASCAR weekends. They could have played out what little plot exists in two seasons tops. I hate how they always create new questions without ever solving previous ones. I just don't understand the cult following.

8. I guess we're even. I don't understand the Nascar following either.:D:p

I do find myself getting impatient on the show as well. I keep trying to convince myself to just wait until it is over and pony up for the DVD series.;)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  9. KaGee

That one's easy... go fast and turn left! :p

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  10. I did know that. I guess knew more about it than I thought.:p

11. KaGee

See Brian, you already know more about NASCAR than you'll know after Thursday's showing of LOST! :D

12. IMO, the first year was ok-then it got MYSTICAL!-and thus, strangely, wierdly unbelievable-and cerebrial. I gave it up for Lent!
    (ps-I never miss a WWE show. Now that's REAL entertainment!!)

13. I too would get bored easily and quit watching if I thought the secret to the island's powers was some mystical force that can't be explained through quantum theory or physical fact. Hence my curiosity with other people's theories. I do realize this show is pure fiction (which by the way is a refreshing change of pace from all the reality crap on tv) but the more I watch it the more pieces to the time travel puzzle keep falling into place. I've been told the writers know exactly where they're going and how they intend to explain all the loose ends. Just gotta be patient, my wife keeps saying.

I'll admit I was a frustrated viewer after season 1 and most of season 2, but I find it hard to believe that anyone could still feel that way after what's been revealed so far in season 4.

Lewis, Thanks for posting that link. Very cool site ;).

14. I also have a link that I found to be very helpful at putting all the pieces together from the very beginning. I was dissapointed in the show's second season but have been addicted since they started the "flash forward" segments.
    timelooptheory.com