Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A year ago we lost the engine cover of our 70s vintage 9.9 Johnson. We weren't using it much at the time, but now I've found a use for it and I'm not having much luck finding a replacement cover.

Questions:

Any suggestions where to look for a cover for an older motor?

Any ideas how I can make some sort of cover to use while I keep looking?

Any mechanical reason I can't run the motor without the cover?

WP

·
Registered
524 Posts
Try calling the repair shops, I have seen them hanging up in the parts dept. at Parma marine, I'm sure others have saved a few too. Should'nt be too hard to get.

·
1950's Outboards Rule
1,067 Posts
you can call grever marine 216-741-5141 there in cleveland on broadview road north of brookpark ! i would not go to parma marine if it was the last place on earth to buy evinrude and johnson parts they are the BIGGEST RIPOFFS IN THE BUSINESS ! and yes you can run the motor without the hood !

·
1950's Outboards Rule
1,067 Posts
you can go to the antique outboard motor site and post if someone has one these guys have everything ! aomci.gov

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Where are you located? There is a guy in Reynoldsburg that sells older motors and parts, he has tons of stuff. His name is Dave phone # 614-864-7057

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where are you located? There is a guy in Reynoldsburg that sells older motors and parts, he has tons of stuff. His name is Dave phone # 614-864-7057
Scallop,
Thanks for the tip - I'm in Cleveland.

WP

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Try Ken Bridges, Bridges Marine in Cuyahoga Falls. He's an old Johnson/Evinrude guy. If he doesnt have...he may know where to find.
Good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts