close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

lost my trolling bait need suggestions

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Sleprock, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Sleprock

Sleprock fishing cabrewer

help i lost my best trolling crankbait, looking for a new one tonight going to cowan saturday whats a good deep diving bait crankbait?

2. shadesplace

shadesplace Game Champion

what are you trolling for?

3. you can't beat a bandit 300 series.

4. Smack Tackle has a deep diver now. Looks just like a gizzard shad. Should get down 12 to 15 ft.

5. How deep you wanna go, and what species are you targeting?

6. Sleprock

bought a 300 bandit looking to get to about 25 ft fishing for anything been seeing a lot of fish at cc about 25 ft down

7. fisharder

fisharder fisharder

I troll alot my favorite bait would have to be a rapala SR7,SR8,SR9 I like the shad pattern but that depends on the water your fishing. I buy them by the dozen.

8. if you are trolling i think the bandit 300 series will get down about 15 to 20 feet even though their website says 12ft. the 400 series gets down even more. i have caught fish at the thermalcline in 30 ft of water with the 300. it's better to run above them then below them. troll about 3-4 mph. good luck.

9. Sleprock

in a canoe w trolling motor 3 to 4 mph would that feel preety fast, or is it just the hotter it is the faster you should go

10. i troll in my canoe also and can hit 4mph or faster with a trolling motor. it seems if you go over 4mph the baits start to roll instead of swim. then your line gets twists even if you use a swivel which i recommend. what are you fishing for?

11. One of the most productive trolling baits I have used is a lure called the bassmagnet, and I know Afield, near Miamitown, still carries them. They are a dynomite lure to troll and catch anything, especially saugeye/walleye and bass. I used to them in the Oh. river and I had good success, as well as many lake around the region. They have a big size that reaches around 12 - 15 feet.