Lost Creek Allen County

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by creekrock, Jan 3, 2009.

1. creekrock

creekrock Member

Anyone know anything about Lost Creek in Allen County, the actual creek not the lake? Is it fishable? What species have you caught out of that creek? Any suggested access points?

Thanks for your help,

Creekrock

2. Not sure what creek you are talking about, I live about 5 minutes from the reservoir and the only creek i can think of is the 1 that runs thru the golf course, but it is more of a ditch, or the 1 on the east side of the lake that runs into Hog creek. More info is needed please.

3. I checked in the fishing map guide, there is no info on lost creek, but it shows several creeks as "lost creek". I lived beside the on at the golf course most my life and know most of it very shallow around there. the map shows it feeding all the way out by 4th street then heading north but not much after it crosses reservoir rd. there is several reservoirs around here though. check out the "lima fishing" blogs that was going a few months ago. Good luck, and I can find something else out I'll let you know.

4. creekrock

creekrock Member

It is the small creek that runs beside Lost Creek Reservoir. I found it on the topographic map and was just wondering if it is worth fishing. I am new to the area and have been scouting out creeks and rivers to fish.

Thanks,

Creekrock

5. The creek that runs beside the reservoir you probably know is not very wide up by the golf course, but there are a couple of holes that have held some largemouth in the past, and down stream across Reservoir Rd. it stays shallow but does have some holes, until it dumbs into Hogcreek.
    As for access, every thing on the east side of the creek is private property, but if you would stay on the west side of the creek, you should be ok, i think, but i have never fished it. Also stop at the bait shop on Reservoir road, and talk to Mick, he runs the place, and you should get access from him, to fish water north of reservoir rd.

6. creekrock

creekrock Member

Thanks for your help BuckeyeMike I will give it a try in the spring.

Creekrock

7. I do beleive rite as you go across the street to the bait shop on resevior it is deep down there daddy milan use to put fish he won tournements with in that hole I don't know if they made it to the river or if they were some how kept in that area but Milan put big fish in there for years .I mean record size fish,,muskey large bass,saugeye ,but I never seen know one fish it other than a few kids one day I imagin someone one the river will get one hell of a suprise.I would not dought if there are many records in the river hog creek & why don't any one fish the hogcreek is'nt it clean intiill you get in town on the west side near thetreatment center.I was told the water was very clean ,years ago raw sewage went in there but not no more.could we be overlooking a grate river?