close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lorelei

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by portabote jim, Mar 15, 2005.

1. I mistakenly posted in the SE forum - same question though as I meant to send into the SW forum. Thanks for any info.

I live in the Cleveland area, but my in-laws have a lake house at Lorelei in Brown County. We're going to be in Cincy over Easter (I think Mar 26). I know some of you guys fish that lake as have I, but I've never got out on it that early in the season.

Is it that early? Are things moving out there? I'm happy to catch anything and have pulled bass, walleye (or saugeye not sure), carp, white bass, crappie, bluegills, etc... out of this great lake.

Any advice on late March early April fishing from those who've done it is greatly appreciated! By the way, I'm the guy with the funny looking boat.

Thanks

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

catking will be the man you gotta ask about that place.. all i know is i was supposed to be fishin there with him, but he always back out like he usually does..for 2 yrs now.. :rolleyes: :D

3. catking

catking Banned

Hey Jim !!--- Lorelei is indeed a GREAT lake to fish. This year is going to be slow due to the extended cold weather, but with any luck, you just might be ok. I'll try and post you an up-date next week so be on the look out for it. White spinner baits worked slowly in the coves for bass and chartruse twister tails on a small jig for crappie works great for me . I know of two 10 pound bass caught at this lake and a few 40 pound plus common carp. This lake is loaded with crappie, bass, and catfish including blues, channels & flatheads. Hey, if you can get some large shinners,(boars head , 15 minutes away) throw one out and see what happens .............. :eek: ....... Might just get a good walleye......... I fish the banks of the 10 & 3 acre lakes this time of year for crappei and the action can be awsome. 10" - 13" crappie are very common . Oh yea, large rubber nightcrawlers (black or purple ) worked very slow isn't a bad idea for HUGE BASS............ :) THE CATKING !!!

4. Where is lake Lorelei ?

5. Thanks for the info! I hope to get down there a lot this year. I appreciate the advice

6. catking

catking Banned

I didn't mean this YEAR was going to be slow... :D I meant this early in the spring ;) ..Jason- Lorelei is in extreme western brown county in the SW part of the state. It is private, as crappielooker knows...... :D .Hey Ak- come on down and scout it out this weekend if it's nice ??

7. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

rick.. this weekend is the video/bait making day.. and its supposed to be reeeal nice out on sunday.. i'll see if i can manage that..i'll let ya know.. :) i just want to catch something..i missed one real good bite today, about kick myself in the rear for that.. :D have you startin to chum it like you said you would yet?? :p

8. catking

catking Banned

You are welcome Jason. ...........I'll start chummin this coming week crappielooker .......... THE CATKING !!! :)