Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
335 Posts
Glad to here someone got out! Any nice sized fish? I was at the Indians game watching them kick Toronto's but with the pinch hit grand slam from big Ben.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No biggest was around 24" but the action made up for the size. Has anyone tried offshore trolling at night like we do in the spring close shore. It seemed that the later it got last night the better they hit until I finally said its 20 min ride and it getting dark quick.

Scott

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Papascott said:
No biggest was around 24" but the action made up for the size. Has anyone tried offshore trolling at night like we do in the spring close shore. It seemed that the later it got last night the better they hit until I finally said its 20 min ride and it getting dark quick.

Scott
Scott,
Not really night time trolling - but RIGHT NOW - for a couple weeks in Aug the late afternoon fish till dark or close to it off the sandbar between Lorain and Vermillion has been AWESOME the past few years. I will probally make a few weekday trips next week. Just watch your sonar and adjust dipseys up higher as they come up in the water column. HMMM - might go tonight...

·
Registered
801 Posts
I was out on the bar last Saturday evening and had action 'til 9:10 p.m. It was after dark and we needed a 12 volt fluorescent light to see the fish to net 'em. It's a different world out there after dark... but worth the wait (and tons of fun). We were using dipseys and stingers. Boxed 10 in 1 hour & 15 minutes. Lost a hog at the net just before dark (8# or better).

·
Banned
20 Posts
papasscott I think u might be right about close to shore at night. My bro has been going down to 72 off the rocks and has pulled a few eyes. Last week he pulled 5 nice eyes 5 to 8 pounds between 9:30 and 1:00. Its a lot different weather then what were use to this time of year and, a lot of people are doing very well off shore. Better then years past. Maby they are going into the late stages of fall allready. No one can be sure about that but the fish..................

1 - 8 of 8 Posts