Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Fly Fishing Addict
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i am new to steel head and just bought some waders . I have a boat and fish for walleye and perch and sheephead and whatever is fun to catch. well I am new to river fishing. I read up on steelhead and see I am a lil late into the season! I grabbed up some mepps gold and silver spinners size 2 to 0 on sale at gander mountain beacuse i read they r great for trout. I do not know how to fly fish plus and also read about spawn sacks. my cousins try to catch trout but can't seem to get one in. I am always up for a challenge so I see these trout are hard to catch and I just can't wait to try. but first i need to research.. we will prolly fish the vermilion river or black river. my buddy even has a lil creek with some in there! but they never seem to bite.. i have read about riffles runs and pools and I am really geared up to try this! any advice? I was gonna use the gold mepps spinner unless is sunny and clear then i will use a silver mepps. also i have 10 pound test for lake fishing. should i grab up the 6 pound like i read or will this have no diference? also do u use a leader or swivel snap on your line? i read that u need a swivel snap on a spinner or else your line will tangle but i heard not to use a swivel snap? whats the truth? help me out i got 3 poles and i already got the mepps so i will change one pole to 6 pound test if its better. any advice is appreciated. I also will use my waders for bass this summer

1 - 1 of 1 Posts