Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking some clients from Virginia tomorrow to Hotwaters to HOPEFULLY catch a few eyes. Will be launching at 6:00 am.

Any tips would be appreciated. PM me and I'll keep it quiet. It's a long trip for them and want to make it count.

I will be on 68. If I get into them ill let you know.

·
"Hell Froze Over" docked in Vermilion. VHF ch16/79
411 Posts
Planning to hit the water at Miller Rd. around 6 - 6:30. Gimme a yell on 68 if ya want. "Just Cruz N"

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
ill be there in the afternoon for sure , maybe the morning if my hangover allows it

"Live Action" on 79

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the Pm's. good advice in all of them and I think it has helped me formulate a plan.

I'll be on 68 in the morning.

·
STX 206 Viper
1,851 Posts
Good luck Kevin, let us know how you did. We're going after perch today.

·
411 Posts
Well, as of this morning I'm seeing conflicting weather reports..... LOL.... go figure! One says <2' other says 2-4.... Gonna be a long tow if it's rough when we get there (not gonna risk a sick wife if ya get me?). Only thing that looks good is wind is about 0 just dunno how long that'll hold.

I'll try to update from the ramp......

·
Registered
927 Posts
Looking at the weather buoy right now saying 2.6 ft I'd say you are looking at a min of 5-7's. I wouldn't suggest making a long trip unless everyone in your crew are die hards that don't get sick. Yesterday it said 2.0 ft at the weather buoy and reports were 4-5's from everyone I talked to between Lorain and Ashtabula. Good luck to those that attempt to fish today. I'll wait until tomorrow and see what the waves look like but my back can't handle another beating in big waves today.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Less then one near shore and I really don't see any camel humps on the horizon so right now it looks ok, not sure what the winds are gong to do today, I am thinking the reports may be wrong to the strong side. That said I am waiting until tomorrow for the off shore run today will be a perch day they have been good size and pretty hot.

·
411 Posts
Just pulled into Miller Road everything looks good from here we're going to drop in and try it....

Sent from my XT907 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
411 Posts
Wasn't too bad early but got rougher as the morning wore on. Called it around 11.... maybe better tomorrow morning. Not much to tell.... couldn't fish the area I wanted due to wave direction.

Sent from my XT907 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We pulled 9 and dropped several. Rookies. It was a pretty good day. One 29" fish on a double header. Everything else was on the small side.

Trash fish were there, but not as much of a pain as they could have been.

It was pretty rough out though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts