Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going out of Hotwaters tomorrow morning can anyone give advice on what happened Sunday and where around Lorain? Would appreciate any help as only have about four hours on the water.

Thank you to anyone that responds !!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Fished 19.5/33 line in afternoon. No bite. Moved in to the hump on the sandbar, again snake eyes. Shifted west to 20-21/30 line, nothing. Marking fish but all we did was herd a few sheep. Coming in to the dock message was the same. Low counts. I did hear guys were pulling limits at 19/31 line but when we went there saw only water. Lots of algae from 29 line north to 33. Water was clouded out to 28 line or so. Hopefully a day or two of decent weather should clear it back up. That's the best I've got, sorry about the crappy report. I was hopeful too but should've known when I saw every charter docked coming up the Vermilion.
Sam

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SafteySam I thank you very much for your reply. Sorry things did not go well for you . I will try in the morning and if I find something i will let you know.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Fished 19.5/33 line in afternoon. No bite. Moved in to the hump on the sandbar, again snake eyes. Shifted west to 20-21/30 line, nothing. Marking fish but all we did was herd a few sheep. Coming in to the dock message was the same. Low counts. I did hear guys were pulling limits at 19/31 line but when we went there saw only water. Lots of algae from 29 line north to 33. Water was clouded out to 28 line or so. Hopefully a day or two of decent weather should clear it back up. That's the best I've got, sorry about the crappy report. I was hopeful too but should've known when I saw every charter docked coming up the Vermilion.
Sam
A crappy report is as good as a full ticket report for those planning to head out. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Fished a little east out of Rocky River and pretty much the same as people in Lorain reported. Bite very slow and lots of algae. Plenty of marks, but the bite was bad.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Was out about 3 or 4 miles NW out of Beaver Park Sunday between 11 and 1:30. One catfish. Nothing else, not even nibbles. There were about 18-24 boats in the pack, never saw anyone reel in anything. Boats would just come and go.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Our 4th stop was the 33/20.5 area. Motor around for a bit and settled in on what look like some fair water and decent marks. 4 people fishing. 6 rods. 16 hooks. Tiny emeralds. 4 hours later we pulled the plug with 62 fish. Slow light bite but it sounds like we did OK compared to most. Mostly 7"-10" fish.

·
Registered
11,392 Posts
The perch have been in the 72nd/Wildwood area for weeks. Three of us caught around 110 perch and sorted out 85 really nice sized fish on Sunday the 12th. The time spent riding to WW is worth the trip rather than sitting without fish for hours.

·
Registered
466 Posts
We set up a bit south west of the pack. Pulled a handfull of perch in 2 hrs. The suspended marks were GREAT! Anyone else see them on there fish finder? Heard a guy say he just caught a walleye on a crank so we said screw this and set the troll up. Five min latter I netted my friends P.B. Walleye at 10.4 lbs. Preceded to catch 2 more in the next 2 hrs. Had to leave for a browns party (guess I should have stayed out fishing) good to see fish off the bar again. Looking forward to getting back at them after the lake settels a bit.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Oh yeah forgot to mention, I would like to extend a huge THANKYOU! To Jim Stedke. He gave me the custom black and purple reef runner that caught the big eye. It was the first time I ever fished it and it was wet for 5 min before pulling a hog!

Also have pulled several fish on the purple demond look alike Jim.

Thanks again

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well Sam got on the water about 9:30 am by noon I had one perch fishing 3.5 miles north out of the light house 52ft. Moved in to 39 ft caught five more real quick then they shutdown. Left at 4:00 pm. Stayed way longer then I should have. Hope somebody did well. Thanks to everyone that responded to my post it helped alot.

WHile I was sitting there for hours with no bite I wondered does anyone use a channel to let perch other perch fisherman know where the bite is. It would be helpful. I yelled out on a couple of channels ( 68 ,72) but no one came back.

Tough day. One pound of filets at about 35 dollars a pound LOL !!!!!

·
Registered
442 Posts
jimc46- The math will never make sense. I heard the other day that perch were going for $16.99 lb at Giant Eagle. So, 35-17=18. That means it only cost you $2.25 an hour for a beautiful day filled with peace and solitude on Mother Erie.

That My Friend Is A Great Deal!

·
716 Posts
Joe;
I have been trying to find some eyes & having no luck. Fished off of Kelleys last. How deep was the water where U were picking them up? Do U mind parting with Lat/Lon? I would be happy to share info with U when I find them! Cell 440 724 9022
Thanks,
Jack

·
Registered
979 Posts
was out with bobinstow yesterday. tried from 41-51' in and around the dumping grounds. ended up with 6 in 4 or 5 hours. tried everything from in the mud to 10' off the bottom, spreaders, umbrella rigs, crappie rigs, ole' pete's, pain old sinker and single hook Somethig was down there because we both fed a few dozen minnows. went over to the sand bar pulled two cranks and 2 harneses tried for a couple of hours fair marks most 28' to the bottom a few in the 15-17' range. had one pull back on a dipsey. couldn't even get a sheephead or white perch to go after the crawlers. strong south wind started picking up around 11:30 it's a long way in at 6 mph, but was a beautiful evening. so i just set the auto pilot and enjoyed the night sky and good company.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Heard a guy say he just caught a walleye on a crank so we said screw this and set the troll up. Five min latter I netted my friends P.B. Walleye at 10.4 lbs. Preceded to catch 2 more in the next 2 hrs.
Hi Joewallguy,

I'm the guy that called out the RR program on the radio. We popped 4 within 30 minutes but had to be back also. Good job on your friend's PB !!

GR

1 - 20 of 22 Posts