Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both White and Yellow Perch at Lorain. About 1 1/2 - 2 miles out north of the steel wall.
41 1/2 fow.
N 41 30 522
W 32 12 249
Saturday Evening about 5:00 PM to Sunset.
60 Nice keeper perch over 10-11 inches each in less than 90 minutes.
20 Jumbo White perch in the mix also. All over 11 inches each.
Eat like a king Sunday evening for dinner.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AMAZING,
As hard as the wind was blowing from the Southwest yesterday here at the house and all the way to the lake with a tail wind. When we got out on the lake there was not hardly even a breeze to speak of. There were very few boats out there because of the winds scaring most people off.
I was expecting 2-4 footers at least, turns out it was like fishing the pond accross the street.
We both had different rigs on.
I had a 3 hooker rig with colored Blades on (RED + GREEN) and a hand tied crappie set up with 2 plain sneld hooks. He had on a spreader and the other rod just a Red Jig with a minnow. So It did not seam to matter what you had on, they were jumping on it.
Water was slightly stained but clear enough to see about 4-5 feet deep.
2 Rods in the water keep you very busy, We sat down one to the side for a bit. For about 45 minutes, they were on it as soon as it hit bottom and you took the slack out of the line.

·
Registered
48 Posts
That is where we got our perch on Sat. as well. There was wind up there until about 3:30-4PM. It died down a little before you guys got on the water. The bite was alot slower than what you experienced earlier in the day, but you could get them if you were persistent.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we pull into the pack about 5.30-6:00PM or so I guess.
There were 2 other boats there left from the pack. A small Alum. Lund about 14 feet long and a very large boat with the fancy front hull design.It was white with blue lettering on it. The big white boat left soon afetr we pulled in.

·
Registered
48 Posts
We had left about 1/2 an hour before you got there from the sounds of it. We had to have passed you on the way in. I pulled anchor to leave at about 4:15.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Did you keep the white perch? I have ate them before and if they are cleaned right they are pretty good. Most people I know throw them back but I only get up there a few times a year so if I'm catching white perch then thats what I'm eating :D I guess if you can fish up there a few times a week for the whole summer you can be a little more picky about what you keep. Anyway great job on the perch. If you could get out and find a big mess of mushrooms you would be in for a fine meal indeed!! ;)

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
we went out on sat to mazuracks and fised in 28 fow fisdeaa on crank of the bottom caught a few good eaters. abour 40 or in all we got in late @6pm and fished until 8pm.. so not too bad we were at besse earlier with only one walleye..new tactics fishing those reefs.. use to nite bite in cleveland and lorain.

but if the weather is gonna be ok im gonna go to lorain on wensday night troll for some hogs.. after we go for perch in the evening..so this looks good..

i will post results then boys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts