Ohio Game Fishing banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Maybe hit 38 foot and take a peek or do you want him to reel the fish up for you too???

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
89 Posts
Monkeynutz, my crew and I fished Saturday between Lorain and Vermillion at 31.5/17.3 we limited with 210 nice ones by 11:30 AM. Over the rail and in the pail in 3 hrs.Went back on Sunday with my brother inlaw for some freezer fish it did take us 3 1/2 hrs to get our 60 but they were good ones. alot of white bass too though. Good Luck

·
Registered
62 Posts
No, I just find it funny when I ask any charter for a decent location they have no response but when I'm on fish they are quick to start asking for help...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Did good today just east of St. Anthony's at 30.05/9.50 in 40 ft. of water. By myself had a limit 8AM TO 10:30AM. Most fish kept were 9 to 11 inches. Not much junk. Threw back many perch 8 inches or less that had a chance to survive. Scott at Hotwaters said this weekend out of Lorain was good. (He was still cleaning fish from Sunday). Seems like many were doing well north of the Lorain break wall too.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Nice Marc. Are you going to be out on the 12th? We will be out with Gary. Maybe Pattie will call on the radio. LOL....

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I think you need to give My Bonnie a pass on this. He is running a charter fishing business. If he gives out the numbers why go out on his charter?

OTOH I really dislike recreational boaters posting record catches here without sharing the location. Na-na-boo-boo.....I got mine and here it is. Location? Somewhere east of the lighthouse in 42~44 fow. Great report.

It is a big lake, there are plenty of fish to go around.

This is a fishing forum so share the wealth......don't just brag about it.

·
CHARTER CAPTAIN
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Monkey nuts. I'm sorry that I'm not spoon feeding you the info. Mainly because the numbers were different every day. Buy good electronics and learn how to use them. If I gave out numbers it would be counter productive. The lake is a constant changing system. I guess you ready knew that. By the way. In the 13 years I have been working in the charter business I don't recall you ever giving me or any of the charters I have been working for sh$t for info. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my C811 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
CHARTER CAPTAIN
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will be out on the 12. I'm heading back up to New York for a few more call salmon trips. Good luck.

Sent from my C811 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
754 Posts
MyBonnie I hit the water water around 1300 on sunday went north I barely marked any fish. I did get 2 nibbles I moved about 3-4 times finally when in to my trusted skinny water and it made all the difference. 30 perch 10.5lbs of perch. Like you say each day is different for me all summer skinny water has been where the perch are at for me. Then again It usually me or one other Not a full boat to get limits for.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Now com'on Marc, you should tell your numbers, stop fishing and help them set their anchor on top of yours, hell even let them raft off to save the trouble, those anchors can be heavy. Also make sure you buy enough bait for whoever wants to fish close enough to you to hand them minnows. And don't you dare be rude enough not to offer to clean their fish for them too. Wouldn't want anyone handing a dangerous knife that might get hurt. Darn charters just in it for themselves.:D

Seriously, good to hear that there are good fish coming out of there. We went all the way to Connie Sat. Got our fish but its a long haul from here. Cleveland seems to still be more hit and miss.

·
ErieAdventuresSportfishin
35 Posts
My Bonnie gives out far more info than most charter captains do and should be applauded for that. He is also right that the numbers and FOW changed each day last week out of Lorain. I fished in 5 different spots 5 days in row Wed - Sun (from 29.5 - 32.2N and 8.5 - 13W). Throw in wind shifts and the gale force winds coming up Friday and Saturday and last weekends numbers mean nothing. How about a simple "thank you" for sharing some information with you that you otherwise would not have! If you can't find any perch in late September take up basket-weaving.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Mokeynutz I am sure you have noticed that what these charter captains slam because someone asks for help is exactly what they do everyday. Half of these guys could not find fish if you threw them overboard with a net and a stick of dynamite. Just listen to channel 79 and that is all they are doing is swapping info (privately on cell phones after they cry of no fish on 79.) It is a big lake and I never have a problem sharing info to anyone who asks.

Good Fishing

·
Registered
536 Posts
Great job marc. I found them off the powerplant Friday and Saturday. And in different spots. Guess I should be upset that the guy at the bait store suggested going somewhere else but I went with my gut and what my fish finder showed.
I do use these report pages as a starting point. Isn't that why they are here?

·
Registered
6 Posts
This post has been hijacked.

I am cool with those who want to protect their numbers,
I am cool with charters that share info and those that don't, they should run their business (in this respect) as they see fit and that is the way it should be.
I am cool with those who share information,
I am cool with those that like to figure it all out on their own.
I am cool with those that ask on the water (radio to radio, boat to boat).
I am cool with ODNR regulating the fishery.
It's just way cool being on Lake Erie fishing. Love it.

Being able to have experience on Lake Erie; alone or with friends/family are generating great memories for me. Why get caught up in the negative, take what you can out of it and move on. Thanks all. I'm out....going to go plan my next trip.

BTW, I was near the 19 line, on the southern portion of the sandbar and I limited (2 men) in apprx. 2 hours, some jumbos mixed in.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.