Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well went out again today. This time a lot faster. Limit two guys in 3.5 hours no big fish. Tosed 8 more back to grow somemore for a grand total of 20 eyes. Ereidencent reefrunner 60 back off inline board caught the most fish. Lost alot of fish today the board pulled back but nothing was on it. Spoons were a mix bag. Monkey puke, clown and ogrange crush no real patter there 20 jets back 80. Few on a magnum wiggle wart silver 65 back flat line. My buddys boat would not troll down slow enough we were running 2.5 I would liked to get down to 2.2 or 2.0. Not many sheephead or white bass, and no white perch. Talk to het told him the program and the numbers hopfuly they did well. Lots of boats out today. :)
Sorry off Beaver and Ford plant in 42 to45 feet of water.

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
We ended up with 22 eyes. No real program going. Switched speeds and droppers often. Ended up at 2.7 mph GPS at the end. Big spoons were best. Caught at least fifty junk fish today. Should be out again in the morning.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will be watching the weather in morning. If I go it will be a solo mission. I will be on 68 right where I was today. Just can't believe the fishing right now.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Shortdrift, Cw261 and I went off of beaver and it was a beautiful day of fishing!!!! had a nice gathering of OGF'ers out there.. We got our 18... had a couple of 4-5#'ers but all decent fish over 20".... We had the best luck on small walker divers 3 1/2 setting 70-80 back and 0 setting 60-70 back... and we got a few on a big john mini disk? 125 back.. caught some on big spoons but most came on the smaller ones... colers were chicken wing, monkeypuke, and orange crush.... started catching more fish when we sped up to around 2.7-2.9 mph.. and the starting and stopping of the motor really seemed to trigger them... I will probably be out with Joe W tomorrow morning....

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
We struggled more than you guys. We ended up with only 5 walleye.We did leave the water before everybody else, but even so I think Shortdrift and Hetfield's boats were outcatching us 2 to 1 (at least) while we were out there.

·
Registered
328 Posts
het ,short ,tub,chip, comm....been a watcher for six months,now I've joined...I've followed all you guys postings and yesterday being my first trip to vermillion it was neet to hear everbody talking...:( we struggled a bit :( .....could one of ya PM me :)

·
The Original Hot Rod
6,732 Posts
We struggled more than you guys. We ended up with only 5 walleye.We did leave the water before everybody else, but even so I think Shortdrift and Hetfield's boats were outcatching us 2 to 1 (at least) while we were out there.
Sounds like it was more like 4/1...! Surely you weren't trying to compete with the experts. :D

·
Duck Enemy #1
220 Posts
We got out late and pulled 11 before the storm blew us off in 2 hours. Had to wait it out under a bridge, then pull out and relaunch because you apparently cant buy gas on the water after 6 oclock in Vermilion (and they call themselves a harbor town):confused:

Then went back out to infront of the castle and picked up 27 in about an hour and a half. Had my first quadruple header and several triples. Never seen anything like it. Had to pull in a couple of rods just to keep from going nuts. Eventually we stopped trying and put on spoons I have never used and caught fish on those too. I swear I could have droped a bare hook in the bite was so fast.

Some guys drift fishing a little ways off kept giving us the stink eye as we released fish after fish. I remember way back when (3 weeks ago) when that was me watching the trollers.

All Ican say is I have had excellent teachers - Shortdrift, Hetfieldinn, fisherman261. I have even learned a little from Walleyeguy (who would have thought!) Couldnt have done it without you.:T

·
useless poster
8,804 Posts
yea , where is that walleyeguy with all these walleye being caught??????????? if he don't report soon , he might have to relinquish that screenname????/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts