Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
at ease
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Am I correct in assuming the nets off loarin are defined by the two flags at the head and tail end and the white floats show the circumference? Was trying to fish around them and was concerned about where they start and stop.

·
The Original Hot Rod
6,732 Posts
That's pretty much it. There will be a flag located at each corner of the net. Usually there's the white bouys that mark the span between each corner as you stated. Also the nets are usually rectangular so there will be two additional flags not far away to define the width. The length can be a quarter mile or better.

·
at ease
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info. are they catching anything specific or just a catch all that they then sort through? Must be some kind of operation pulling it in.

G

·
A pole with a single flag marks the south end of the net. A pole with two flags mark the north en of the net. There will be jugs or ( markers) in between the flags that will mark the width of the net. I have a poster at home I will try to take a pic that will explain it.
jeff

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
I thought the nets were just one long pass, and that they have to run north to south.. I know there are two nets north of Lorain, but didn't think that they were joined in any way. I don't always see two sets of flags (four altogether).

There were people trolling north to south between the nets over the weekend. I was trolling when I saw the first set, so I picked my gear out of the water, then put them back in after we went over the first net.

G

·
There are only two poles with flags on them per net. The nets like to stack there gear close together. What you saw was two seperate nets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts