Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Just keepin' ya honest.
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up two tickets today after a mind boggling ride out...forecast said south winds 6-11kt sees 1 ft. Got out there and wind and waves were WNW and a good 2-3ft. Slow ride out there, but we set up shop at the 33-15 line and got 4 fish in the first 20 minutes. Then the lines went dead. Trolled west and picked up a couple. And found a hot pod of fish picked up a double header and a triple header to end the day. Ending was 33-16. 40 jets were 160 and 175 all day and both picked up fish. Dipsy's were at 3 setting 96ft back for most of the day, we started getting a lot of farmanimals so we dropped em down to 106 and started getting into the eyes again. If I had to guess a speed it would be 1.9......hard to tell with the big swells that were out there. All meat today, double willows, runkle-stiltskin, mixed veggies, bullfrog, blue shad, tigger, and monkey puke all took fish. At about the halfway mark today something grab a hold of the tigger harness and jerked it so hard it snapped the lead like it was nothing....even with a snubber on it :confused: Hope this helps someone. Good fishin!

Eric

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
At about the halfway mark today something grab a hold of the tigger harness and jerked it so hard it snapped the lead like it was nothing....even with a snubber on it

Eric

Eric,
Think of a big farm animal and it won't hurt as much:D
Great job beating the weather man and the fish;)

Ron

·
"A - Team"
12 Posts
Eric,

I've heard of a couple of those harnesses, but not the others. What kind are they, and where did you get them from.

Thanks for the help!

Lucky Horseshoe

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Any trip near limits this year is outstanding...good job. That sandbar area always seems to hold fish. Sometimes they bite, sometimes not so good.....but they're always there imo.

Thanks for the report.

(We had a major hit last friday in the same area that busted a 20# harness in half. First day it was in water....freshly tied.)

·
Just keepin' ya honest.
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lucky Horseshoe, I got them from George's hook n Gun in Lorian. I beleive they are called BEK's walleye harnesses. That is all we have used this year and they have produced a lot of fish for us including several limits and 6 fish ohios!!!! I also saw them at the fin the other day when I was looking for a new jet. Let's see runkle-stiltskin, mixed veggies, bullfrog, tigger, and watermelon have been on fire for us everytime we go out. Something with black beads maybe??? I dont know, but I can't buy a fish on my other harnesses. Good Luck, Good fishin.

Eric

·
"A - Team"
12 Posts
Thanks for the info! Looks like I'll have to make a little trip and see if I can get my hands on some of them.

Good Fishing!

Lucky Horseshoe

·
Registered
653 Posts
went to that same area last night and couldnt beg a fish in the boat. Worst trip of the year. 4 fish in 5 hours. Threw everything in the boat at them and nothing was happening. Raz, Dolphin stinger 110 back on a 3 setting was all that would work. Still have yet to pull 1 walleye on an inline weight and board (ever). Havent figured them out quite yet i guess. Well good luck to everyone

·
Just keepin' ya honest.
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dancin Bear, I haven't even tempted that. I'll stick with what I know works and works well for me....my jets and dipsy's ;) Good luck! If you dont have one I beleive there is a precision trolling guide that gives a lot of info and help with trolling inline weights. Good Fishin.

Eric

·
Registered
653 Posts
yeah i have all the books. Just seems that inline weights and meat have been killing it this year. I did figure out leadcore and to anyone that has never used it...it is great!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
This year was my first with the inline weights and I can tell you they pull fish. The biggest advantage is it's easier to see if you have junk fish on when you're running them off planer boards. Another advantage is you can use shorter leads to get to your target depth plus they sometimes throw off an erratic vertical swim that triggers strikes. On a hot bite, however, it's dipseys for me. Easy to deploy and reset them after you bring one in. Just my 2 cents. Hope this helps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts