Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Sheffield lake Ramp .......hot waters can get sketchy but no issues in 15 years , and I think grumpy (pay ramp ) on black river......

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I like the Black river launch (formerly Grumpy's bait) in Lorain with nice docks and ramp, although it may have very few trailers in the lot and pretty desolate. It's a 10 ride down river to harbor which allows for getting trolling gear in order At least Hot Waters has good amount of traffic to feel safer, if you don't mind a dock rash from some missing bumpers and nails.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Go figure. Lorain spent $$$$$$$ fixing up their downtown area, but can’t spend $ to fix up the Hotwaters docks. They also built a nice pavilion at Hotwaters which I’ve never seen used. Maybe I just don’t see the big picture.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
And I don't see an open restroom. Where are you supposed to poop? No facilities open at Black river launch unless you count behind the driftwood pile or dumpster.

·
716 Posts
Go figure. Lorain spent $$$$$$$ fixing up their downtown area, but can’t spend $ to fix up the Hotwaters docks. They also built a nice pavilion at Hotwaters which I’ve never seen used. Maybe I just don’t see the big picture.
They used to have concerts at the pavilion. I saw Big Brother and The Holding Company there. I believe you can rent it if you have a function. The International Fest is held in that entire area also

·
Registered
260 Posts
They used to have concerts at the pavilion. I saw Big Brother and The Holding Company there. I believe you can rent it if you have a function. The International Fest is held in that entire area also
The pavilion at Hotwaters is approximately 40 by 80, maybe, so I think we are talking about two different “Pavilions” in Lorain.

Reactions: wave warrior

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
launched hot waters yesterday, all ramps open , no debri and 2 porta pottys lol just a shame the docks have beaten up my paint

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you for all of the input!!
We put in at "Lorain Boat Launch", near the marina. It was $4 and easy to use. NO RESTROOMS!
Had a good day on the lake. 9 Keepers, 2 throwbacks, all on Erie Dearies, Gold, Chartreuse and Green/Gold were the best for us. 40 ft seems with a 15 second count was what we found to be successful.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
good deal we were out there today in 50ft 2 limits few hours , yeah you launched at coast guard aka grumpys.. i hit hot waters and trolled , wash rinse repeat hahahah the ohio navy was farther out above the dump but i stayed close sorta. i know the fish out there have been stackep up for awhile,. try a bottom bouncer and harness, or a big silver or gold erie derie w/a big gulp leech, and hang on to the rod....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts