Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Catcher of Fish
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me 'n MadMojo will be out there somewhere away from any packs that might form willing to trade info with other ogf'ers.

·
Catcher of Fish
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We kept 7 and threw back the borderlines. my ipilot crapped out which turned out to be a loose wire (I think). By the time we got them figured out it was time to leave due to a prior commitment. Dipsies and harness did most of the damage.

·
Registered
778 Posts
We kept 7 and threw back the borderlines. my ipilot crapped out which turned out to be a loose wire (I think). By the time we got them figured out it was time to leave due to a prior commitment. Dipsies and harness did most of the damage.
Hey seaturd what speed on those harnesses and Colorado or double willow?

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
We made the run out to the weather buoy Friday morning. Got 2 nice Steelies right out of the chute. Only got 1 keeper walleye, 1 sheep head, and 1 10” eye. Trolled south w the wind 2.5 to 2.8. My program was 2 worm harnesses off of a 30 and 40 jet diver off the outriggers on each side, 2 spoons off the port downrigger, one at 60’ and 1 at 35’, and 1 bandit on the starboard down rigger at 60’, and 1 Yokuri at 35’ off the same downrigger.

We picked up at 10:30 and tried hust north of the dump, and got the junk and shortie.

A lot of boats in this area, but heard zero good reports.

Not sure where the fish are?

Port

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
I’m on vacation for a week the first week in August - would like to fish up Lorain that week, or perhaps head for the islands and try over there for a few days. Any advice as to our best chances and program appreciated.

Port

·
Registered
364 Posts
Got a 2 man limit yesterday out of Lorain. The 33.5/10.5 down to 32/10.5 line was best for us. Double willow harnesses were best. No particular color stood out. We ran 4 dipsies with the harnesses. 3 setting 90-95 back and 65-75 back 1 setting. Bandits on the boards caught 3 keepers with 35/35 3oz. taking 2 of the 3. The other bandit fish was weight assisted too (can't remember that set up). Tried to keep the speed around 2.5 mph. Tough to do early, lake settled as the morning went.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Thanks. I just bought this boat and am running 1988 electronics. Using the Navionics app on an iPad to navigate. Haven’t figured out how to show the longitude and latitude lines on the charts. Need to figure that out.

Port

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Thanks. I just bought this boat and am running 1988 electronics. Using the Navionics app on an iPad to navigate. Haven’t figured out how to show the longitude and latitude lines on the charts. Need to figure that out.

Port
you are looking at GPS nomber,if you go north or south the nomber is incresing or decreasing,when you go west or east is changing to,that is the longitude and latitude,but they post short nomber here,that is in that GPS nomber

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
My buddy and I have been doing well in 36 fow in front of beaver for the last week.

we’ve been the only boat in sight most days.

Back to the basics program

cranks 80-100 back
1.8MPH

caught some fish on spoons but couldn’t keep the shorts off them and quit running them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Thanks for the info - heading out Friday and Saturday . I’m heading out to the weather buoy North of Huron near the border. Will post how we do.

Port

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
We went out Friday evening and again Saturday morning.

Friday, we got up at 4:30 am and made the 1.5 hour drive to Lorain where the boat is docked. Hopped in ready to get an early start, and the batteries were completely drained. Went to Auto Zone nd bought the biggest charger they had. 3 hours later, batteries were fully charged. Worked on the boat for a few more hours and knocked off a few projects. Decided to go out at 5 pm. Went out to the weather buoy , Ana set 6 lines trolling SE with the winds at 2.5 mph. Ran spoons n worm harnesses targeting 35-45’. Caught 5 walleyes and 2 white bass. Fished until dark Beautiful evening on the North Coast. Next morning headed out North East out of Lorain to 60’ of water about 15 miles out. Set lines and trolled 2.5-3.0 mph SE w the wind behind us. Started out with 9 lines in the water w Spoons, Bandits/Yokuri’s , and worm harnesses. Lines in at 8 am off the water at 1 pm. Caught 6, lost 2 very nice eyes right at the boat. Spoons caught almost all of the fish.

Heading out again Tuesday- Thursday next week.

Port

1 - 16 of 16 Posts