Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got away from my son's baseball games and hit the Big Pond with three friends. Ended up with a very healthy four man limit with two Fish O's and a pig that got away before we were able to net it. Tryed a very mixed bag of stingers, silver streaks, and harnesses. Willow harnesses off the 40 jets 100 back and 30 jets 110 and sometimes at 90 with mainly pink panties and watermelon doing the most damage. Stingers and streaks with pink and green worked good early before 9:00. Worked an area from 31-32.5 and 14-15.5 Stayed east of the huge pack west of these numbers. Other than a hand full of boats we had the area to ourselves. Did not mark near as many fish in our area, but they were nice suspended marks and we had a good time picking at them until we got the last one about 1:30. Speed 1.8 -2.2 Averaged a fish every 15 min even when the lake was calm. Can't beat a days fishing with some good friends. With all the aggravation on the radio of guys upset about being cut off on their trolling path, just proves again if you get off by yourself and work your own fish you can have just as good or better success with alot less stress.

Ray
Erie Therapy II

·
Registered
653 Posts
went out today between beaver and lorain in the same are i posted about yesterday. got out way late (2pm) pulled 9 and lost another 4. 2 fish ohios and 2 more that where 27. Not a bad day my buddy went out first thing and pulled a quick 2 tickets off my numbers. Good luck

·
Registered
232 Posts
Good report. Myself, my son and G3Angler ran out of Vermilion and fished the south end of the sand bar. 3 man limit of very nice fish with the biggest one being just over 30" and caught by my son! We ran double willows behind inline weights 80' behind the boards. We were heading toward Beaver and then started marking fish so we never made it that far.:T

1 - 4 of 4 Posts