Ohio Game Fishing banner

Lorain Eyes

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  husky hooker 
#1 ·
I did some drifting off of Lorain yesterday and brought home 3 eater sized Walleye, 2 were 18" and 1 was 25'. I was drifting the mud line with worm harnesses (copper blades) under overcast skies. I was starting in the mud and drifting into clear water and as soon as the harness would get in to clear water, I'd have a fish on. The only problem was that the wind was out of the South and it was pushing the mudline out further into the lake. I couldn't repeat a drift because by the time I got back to it, it would already be in the mud. Everything shout down as soon as the sun came out. There are a ton of fish out there, all we need is some good water so that we can catch them.

Wes

#6 ·
Paul,

All we need for good water is a few days without a storm. The last week or so has messed up the lake a bit. High winds and a lot of rain always screws up the lake, especially around the river mouths. The Walleye are there now, but it should be great in another week or so.

Wes

#10 ·
Jim,

No I was fishing due North of the harbor in 39 fow, then 42 fow, then 44 fow. The area you told me about looked like chocolate milk. Thanks again for the info.

Husky,

A 27 footer, wow. Now you are the big boy on the block. Welcome to "The Big Pond".

Greg,

Long time no hear from. I'm sorry to say that my schedule has changed and I'm longer off on Friday. Hell, I can't even fish with Kim anymore. Let me know if you want to go out on Mon. - Wed.

Wes

#11 ·
Hi Greg,

Wes and I were just talking about you a couple of weeks ago on a trip to Conneaut.

With the schedule change for Wes and my work schedule it has been a tough year for us to hook up at all.

We do stll owe you, we'll find a way to repay you sometime this year.

MY name wasn't on your shanty, only Wes's

Kim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.