Ohio Game Fishing banner

Lorain... baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........

1K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Seaturd 
#1 ·
Fished out of Lorain today by myself as my co-pilot had to bail at the last minute. One 22" walleye, a dozen or so sheep including a couple of FO's, the usual array of white perch and white bass. Lost what I think was the mother of all ewe's on a bare naked reef runner behind a board. Took the board under and ripped about 75' of line off before I got her turned around. Lost the fish right before I got my inline to the boat to remove it. Definitely not a steelie - it fought like a ginormous sheep. Saw one other 'eye netted and heard nothing positive on the radio.

#3 ·
Fished out of Lorain with flylogicsteelhead and his cousin. Flylogic has earned the Official Designation "Chief Shepherd". Sorry fisherman419....you have been demoted!

Had several sunken boards .....big sheep can sure put a hit on.

We ended with three eyes...one around 8.5. Fished mostly around 33-35/15, large dipsys,3, 120-150 back and harnesses. Lost a bunch of early releases today....who knows what! Nail polish painted blade found two.....secret paint job....orange, glitter, with a red stripe; green, white and red beads....single blade.

The display of netting skills was nothing short of amazing! How ya can miss a walleye with a bigazznet makes ya wonder....who's hands are these...cannt be mine.

Fun day guys. Thanks.

#4 ·
Fished three different areas that covered about 50 miles of moving and never got into any good marks and only managed teo respectable eyes plus a lot of farm animals, perch and white bass. Could have been better and could have been worse.:D

#5 ·
Same results for us with a lot of sheep & some monster white bass. Had a few breakoffs that could have been walleye or some steel. Covered about 40 miles anywhere from 55' 62' 66' 70' & 72'. Had the marks but nothing wanted to play. The calmest day I've been on the lake. Ended up fishing from 7am-1pm then met up with some family and friends at the beach for a great day.

#7 ·
I wanted to bail on my crew, just had a gut feeling about it being a slow day & today (Mon.) would be better, hope I'm right for those getting out.
Bob, good job out there, the skunk jumped on my back again, let my brother-in-law bring in the only one. I was one the net, boy they have been fiesty this year.

#8 ·
Same thing in front of Rocky River. Marked some nice fish out in the 60s, but sheep and ****** were the only takers on dipsies and small spoons running as deep as I could get them. Heard a couple reports of single eyes here and there, all down very deep (e.g., 200 back on the 3.5 setting). Mixed veggies, monkey puke and chicken wing offended the most...

#11 ·
Well I got my first skunk on the new boat Sat. Went out of Miller Road ramp.
I was after a steelhead Walleye mix. Went out a bumpy ride to 50 fow My crew was ready to fish so we tried after walleye for about 2 hours nothing. Headed out to Deeper water around 66 fow where I did well last week. Nothing for about another 2 hours. Picked up and moved west to east side of Bar 45 fow Nothing for another 2 hours. Called it quits at 1:00 deciding it just was not my day. Speeding ticket at 6:30 in the morning on 82 detour for 83 north. Rotten Road should not be 45 mph. Cop just appeared out of the fog.
Oh well we will give it another try. A little slower next time. WAY TO GO MEAT 17. Did not even think to try in shallower. Love the dropoffs around avon though. Thanks for the report.

#17 ·
Like I said in Gary's theard, the absolute busiest three fish I've ever had. Lost quite a few eyes and countless hit and misses.

Seaturd I introduced myself as we were traveling down 57, sorry to hear you did about the same as us. Nice to meet you and hopefully these fish will school up soon for a little more solid action.

Bob my cousin had a good time and learned a good bit being out there. It was fun and lets do it again soon. I posted your pic in my album take a look at the 8.5#.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.