Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Good luck we fished there yesterday and it was tough. We went from the dump over west of beaver then ended up near sheffield. Didnt find any good Mark's and only pulled 1 fish. I think it was just bad weather and hopefully they school back up

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
What are you running with dipsies? Is it worm time?

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Ill be out of loain in the morning in my black starweld 20. Channel 79 ohiojmj if anyone cares to discuss the bite.

·
Registered
462 Posts
We fished 32-42 fow today from 9-2. Took a couple on blue chrome in the first ten min. Then slow pic over the next few hours to get us to 8 fish all around the 37-42 fow range. Decided to troll shallower along mid line. Took nine nice fish in front of the river. 3-4 # each. Ended with the 17 we kept. 4-5 shorts. First sheepshead of the year and a bonus fighting 19” smallmouth. Blue chrome took most fish. Three on derby lure and two on pink. All others on Blue Chrome. All fish on bandits 150 back of boards

Capt Ken

·
Cant kill em sitting at home
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got 11 yesterday 1 short of our limit, had 8 at 8:30 and fished until noon and only managed 3 more. Fish came early and really high 45 and 55 back with bandits 40 to 46 feet of water, then the sun got up and we could not get them to go, tried all depths but no luck. Thanks for the tips

·
Registered
462 Posts
We fished off Lorain again today. Got a little later start and when we got out to the mouth of the river there were quite a few boats trolling so we headed east to troll west past the river. We picked one fish up early on a bandit 150 back after we got out of everyones way and trolled toward shore into the cloudy water. Nothing else for an hour..it was a slow pick and the boats seemed to scatter after the action was slow. We trolled around deeper and a little west. Three hours later we hit a pod of fish and landed 8 in an hour with four lost 20' behind the boat. We had a few pull backs and a few shorts. We would have like to have stayed as they were turning on but had other engagements. Glare, Blue Chrome and wonder bread were best today.

Capt. Ken

·
Registered
18 Posts
The wife and I did a shakedown run out of Beaver creek yesterday. We were out from about noon til 2:30 trolling around 36’-42’. We ran two plugs out the back and 4 dipseys. Never got a hit on the plugs but caught 5 eyes on spoons behind the dipseys. Purple seemed to work best 3 1/2 setting @ 75’ and 1 1/2 setting @ 60’. Biggest was 27” down to 18”.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts