Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Flatulent Entreprenuer
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out today with tubuzz2 and his buddy Tony, finally got to meet Gary, (Blue Dolphin) at the ramp. Nice meeting you, good luck this weekend, hope the weather holds out.

Went north to the pack and trolled all morning with 3 to show. Kudos to Jeff for trying his hardest to put us on fish. Some guys were doing well, but we struggled. Tried different letbacks, 2oz, 3oz, bottom bouncers, jets, divers. It was slow for us. Marks were good, but we had a bit of a chop. It was definately a drifters dream out there. We'll get at them again.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Lorain was slow for us fri also.

Had a great day fishin with WalleyeHunter66. He's an Ohio transplant to Texas who returned on vacation. Never fished Erie eyes. Its fun fishin with newbies....they actually put the fighting harness on!

Rods in from 8:30 till 7 with seven eyes to show for it.

We could not buy a fish on inline boards in skinny water. Changed to lg dipsys deeper pulling harnesses and found some feeders. Roughly 34/15, BEST producer single blade #6 colorado harness in "confusion" colors 70-75 back on 3 setting.

Second best producer.....double willow bobs nailpolish special. (oh yea!!!)

Noteworthy item......something hit the top producer and broke a 20# flourocarbon harness (first day in water) in half....not at a knot. (I know......what happened to the drag.)

Reset those drags everytime you reset a line.

Mother Erie was beautiful today....marrying quality!

Good luck...be safe out there.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I was Southwest of you Friday- Only got two but like you said beautiful day.
Caught the two on dipsy 3, 90 back orange crush.

Tried the skinny water near Ruggles with no luck but something took off with my spinner and broke my line. Yep I also forgot to set drag. I'm think big cat.

Motored out to 32-20 where I caught the fish. Tons of sheepies and heard some chatter at the 34,34-15 but ran out of time.

Had fun watching the gas gauge go down:D

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Also worked the 32.5/14.5 area and had a slow day. That said, for the second trip in a row 1/2 my fish came on a deepRR back 110 w/ a 1oz snap 25ft before the crank in 48fow. Like the trip before, I only thought to run the RR for last 2 hours of the day. Next trip - that program will be out immediately ! I estimate lure depth at 36'. PerchBareNaked best color.

GR

·
Registered
93 Posts
My son was a little north of that on the 34 line yesterday evening and bagged 3 tickets. But then again, he has had the hottest hand i've ever seen this year. He has been dedicated to pulling single colorado blades all year and scored with that same program again last evening. Pink and copper with orange and chartruse beads was his best, 100ft on a 3 setting was topps. Glad the fish are still there anyway, now the weather can calm down for a minute so us weekenders can play.

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
Fished east of Lorain on Friday. Boated 22 walleyes in 22 FOW. 1.6 mph, 1,2 and 3 oz inlines 25 back. Single colorados. Color didn't matter. Made a pass through 26 FOW, and got nothing but sheephead.

·
Banned
362 Posts
Fished west of Rocky River Friday night in the same area where we hit them hard last Sunday night. Wind was the same, same program (2 oz inlines 45 back with worms), but many more boaters out there. Lots of big sheep, cats and only 1 walleye to show. If others were doing any better, they weren't saying. ;)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Fished east of Lorain on Friday. Boated 22 walleyes in 22 FOW. 1.6 mph, 1,2 and 3 oz inlines 25 back. Single colorados. Color didn't matter. Made a pass through 26 FOW, and got nothing but sheephead.
Het

You have proven to be the captain of skinny water. Great year!

It makes you wonder if these eyes creep up into shallower water at night??:confused:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Slow today big winds in the Am settled in after 12 just one eye and some sheephead . Nice day after noon man was it Hot and I mean Sun Hot ..
Trolled in 52 ft of water . Better days ahead ...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts