Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fish Fish Herring Sardine Forage fish
First trip to the lake in my boat this year, launched out of hot waters and had lines set just south of the dump at 8am . Mostly just a steady pick, along the south edge of the dump with a few fire drills just east of the dump. Had our 3 man limit at 11:00 with 19 to 24 inch fish. Had a couple shorts and probably put back a dozen or so 16 to 18 inch fish. 45 to 48 fow seemed best 2.5 mph, 4 boards with bandits, 45 to 90 back, blue shiner 70 back was the hottest, popsicle and fruit dots, caught some, and blue chrome only got a couple. 4 dipseys 3 at 55 and 65 did well , chicken wing was the best. 1 setting dipseys 35 and 50 caught very few. Had a father and son from church, they had a blast, bugs were not to bad, and water temperature was at 65.

·
Registered
27 Posts
TALL TIM, You are the Master! Every time I see your post you are limiting out.
You come from a profession the not everyone can believe what you say! But, you've
always have the pictures to back you up! Hope you are enjoying not going to work anymore!

·
Registered
269 Posts
View attachment 361381 First trip to the lake in my boat this year, launched out of hot waters and had lines set just south of the dump at 8am . Mostly just a steady pick, along the south edge of the dump with a few fire drills just east of the dump. Had our 3 man limit at 11:00 with 19 to 24 inch fish. Had a couple shorts and probably put back a dozen or so 16 to 18 inch fish. 45 to 48 fow seemed best 2.5 mph, 4 boards with bandits, 45 to 90 back, blue shiner 70 back was the hottest, popsicle and fruit dots, caught some, and blue chrome only got a couple. 4 dipseys 3 at 55 and 65 did well , chicken wing was the best. 1 setting dipseys 35 and 50 caught very few. Had a father and son from church, they had a blast, bugs were not to bad, and water temperature was at 65.
Fish Fish Oily fish Herring Sardine
We were in the same general area Tim we needed 30 today had Mom,Dad, my son my daughter and myself it was a slow pick for us this morning and around 10:30 it lite up with doubles and triples seemed for us you had to keep varying depths because you’d catch 2-3 and then nothing so change and it would take off again bandits back 38-120 and dipseys #2 back 55 and #3 back 60
Colors really didn’t seem to be as important as keeping it in the zone my son pulled the biggest weighing in at 9.5 pounds fun day on the lake with family

·
Registered
250 Posts
View attachment 361381 First trip to the lake in my boat this year, launched out of hot waters and had lines set just south of the dump at 8am . Mostly just a steady pick, along the south edge of the dump with a few fire drills just east of the dump. Had our 3 man limit at 11:00 with 19 to 24 inch fish. Had a couple shorts and probably put back a dozen or so 16 to 18 inch fish. 45 to 48 fow seemed best 2.5 mph, 4 boards with bandits, 45 to 90 back, blue shiner 70 back was the hottest, popsicle and fruit dots, caught some, and blue chrome only got a couple. 4 dipseys 3 at 55 and 65 did well , chicken wing was the best. 1 setting dipseys 35 and 50 caught very few. Had a father and son from church, they had a blast, bugs were not to bad, and water temperature was at 65.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Didn’t make it out today but yesterday and the day before got 3 man limits. Started at south end of dump both days. Yesterday had to move up along the western border of the dump. Fire drills about halfway up. Worm harnesses in pink panties and perch patterns with 1 and 3 ounce weights all pulled fish.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts