Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Catcher of Fish
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My grandson and I got 6 good ones and a bunch of 13-14" cigars. Size was 18 to 27" . I hand-lined the 27 incher due to a collossal tangle and my grandson did a superb net job on it. Started in 25' and had 3 in the box before we got our 3rd line in the water. Then the cigarfest started. The last 3 came from 45 fow. Fish caught on bandits with short leads 45' back and P10s (no weight) 100' back.

·
Registered
16 Posts
We went out from Beaver toward condos to start in 32’ and caught a bunch of shorts early. We then moved out to 38’-40’ and started picking up a few better ones. Got 8 in the box there by 11:00. We then started trolling dipseys and jets and caught more shorts and 4 more in the box. 16”-25” was the range of boxed fish. Never got a good program going but I caught a lot of fish early on a 1oz green/yellow dearie on a 7-12 count and brought in slow. Yeah, the bugs (midges) were bad. After it rained I never knew they would leave a blue stain on the white boat. Biting flies also.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nice work Turd and Sporty, I also dock in Beaver, probably saw you both head out. I didnt go because the guy that was going to go bailed last minute so I stayed at the dock and camper and got stuff done. Give a holler or stop by Beav South and say hi.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Trolled in between Lorain and Beaver last night, 25 to 39 feet of water. Got at least 40 walleye but 90% of them were shorts. I believe the future looks great for walleye fishing based upon last night. Marked a bunch of fish up shallow but couldn't get anything consistent going with them. Best bait of the night was crankbaits 100 back. Best speed was 2.3-2.4.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Wait just last week a lot of reports were how there were no fish and the odnr didnt know what they were talking about?

reelylivinsportfishing.com
I’m glad you said that. I was just laughing about all the reports about no Erie walleye left and now the undersize reports will be coming in. Good thing they still call it fishing,.....I think.....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Fished this morning in front of beaver 25-35fow picked up 7 nice ones 18-21 one nice 5lber. Boards p10 and shallow bandits no particular color was best. Then the monsoon came so we packed it in.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I’m glad you said that. I was just laughing about all the reports about no Erie walleye left and now the undersize reports will be coming in. Good thing they still call it fishing,.....I think.....
Yes,I thought those guys complaining about the number of walleye in our lake was off base..I even said so on that thread.Just a matter of time till the smaller walleye made it east.They even tried to compare it to the lack of perch too.

·
Registered
675 Posts
We caught no less the 60 to 80 shorts today by sheffield it was literally insane at one point 8 rods had shorts on them. I just feel bad for the ones gill hooked that you throw back for the sea gulls. A few were just almost 15 and I would of rather kept them then throw back to float away

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
871 Posts
We caught no less the 60 to 80 shorts today by sheffield it was literally insane at one point 8 rods had shorts on them. I just feel bad for the ones gill hooked that you throw back for the sea gulls. A few were just almost 15 and I would of rather kept them then throw back to float away

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yep. Same. We were back out there again today, and what’s amazing to me is how the average size of fish in that area has been shrinking for a few weeks now. But a couple of bonus jumbo perch was nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Boat name: Reelin n Dealin
660 Posts
Wait just last week a lot of reports were how there were no fish and the odnr didnt know what they were talking about?

reelylivinsportfishing.com
Lol. Was just thinking the same thing! Ironic how the walleye population has exploded in the last 7 days. Gotta love it!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yep. Same. We were back out there again today, and what’s amazing to me is how the average size of fish in that area has been shrinking for a few weeks now. But a couple of bonus jumbo perch was nice.

Like the perch and the color of that bandit. Assuming that is a custom paint job? What is the name of that bait?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts