Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2100 FishMaster
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got out with Sam Wannabitawerm and another buddy named Sam. Trolled NW of Lorain, picked 2. Moved East due N of Lorain took 5 back to back, 3 of them went all at once all on port side. Picked at them 1 and 2 at a time. Trolled harnesses 1.8-2.2GPS speed. Colors double willow yellow jack, pink panties, and salamander. used 2oz inline weights w/ inline boards. 2oz 60', 75', and 100' back. Got our 3 man ticket and headed in. Will post pics shortly.

·
Flatulent Entreprenuer
2,601 Posts
Sorry it took so long to reply. Looks like I picked a good time to head out to visit the in-laws in Illinois. Be back in town on Thursday, hopefully just in time to get back on the water. The front is out here too, and the Hennepin canal or Rock River is pretty slow.

Thanks for the trip Ken. It was nice meeting Sam, too. He seemed to get a better grasp on the boards as the day went on. The perch net thing kinda sucked, but it worked out (no lost gear) I'll be in touch.

·
2100 FishMaster
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fishon32 we were in 49 -52fow. It was alot of fun especially with the whole port side boards all pulling straight back! Sam lets do it again soon, I still want a first class lesson in casting harnesses and drifting!

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I went out yesterday afternoon and only managed 5 walleyes. We were around the 32/15 line and all of our fish came in a little area. 2 ounce in-line 55' back to 90' back. We also missed a few that could have been walleye, but we did catch 5 more sheephead. One sheepdip took the entire board under and kept it under for about 2 minutes. I thought we had a monster eye, but just a 5 lb dip. Did hear one guy say he was killing them on the 32/22 line.

·
Registered
979 Posts
i was out yesterday 35/11-32/13. managed 3 in the box, swung and missed on a couple of more at the net. big sheephead and many white perch too. orange crush double wilow 90 back on 3 oz bb. the rest 25' orange blade and bead colorado. saw some promising perch marks but it must have been a sheephead nursery. bunch of little ones and one small perch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts