Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished out of Lorain on Tuesday 6-13-17, picked up a three man limit (18) walleye 15" to 22" in 4 hours all on crawler harnesses, with two of my fishing buddies from Michigan. Fished in 39' to 52' of water, over and around Dumping grounds, 1.2 to 1.7 mph. Most fish came from 30' to 20' of clear clean water all over 8' - 10' CLARITY! If you want non-stop action today was the day! Culled through 50 or 60 shorts. Water temps at 67 - 70 degrees. Heat index on Lake was not bad, with a few biting flies. Noted a few mayflies beginning to hatch.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I got a limit of eaters out there also, stinger spoons behind dipsys. Shorts were all over anything put out there. Another friend got a 3 man limit some were decent quality, nice day on the water, glad for the breeze.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Fished out there today also,Middle of the dump trolling east. Much better eaters than what we caught north of beaver. dips and spoons and bay rats with 2oz snap weights 120 back back. Dips 3 setting 125 back 2.3 speed was good. Finished with limits by 10:00am.
20170613_123956.jpg

·
Registered
210 Posts
I was out there too. I kept 5 over 20". I pulled a total of 40. I hate using the heavy dipsy rods for the smaller fish so today I used medium spinners. I put on the large hot n tot, cast it out, put on a 2 oz snap weight and do a count down (let the weigh pull out for 4 seconds, 6 seconds or 8 seconds. It worked good. The water is very clean out there.

·
2,416 Posts
We got our limit. One FO, one 26" rest were 18 to 22. Had so many shorts & barely legals! Dipsys for us. Just cant read weighted cranks 150 back behind boards with these little fish. Spoons, jointed bombers, renoski's & purple&pink Colorado harnesses. Near the bottom. One thing though- dont be afraid to bump up the speed. We were pulling fish at 2.7 mph.

·
Registered
351 Posts
2 man limit by 10:15 this morning. Would start trolling about a mile off the SW corner of dumping ground. Troll northeast through grounds. Dipsys with spoons took most fish (keepers). 85 to 100 back 3 setting was good. Took fish off of boards with 40 jets / spoons 85 to 95 back. An estimate of 60 +/- shorts. Had a weight assisted bandit out first thing. Never got a sniff. Probably gave up on it too quick. Spoons were being too productive.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Fished out of Lorain on Tuesday 6-13-17, picked up a three man limit (18) walleye 15" to 22" in 4 hours all on crawler harnesses, with two of my fishing buddies from Michigan. Fished in 39' to 52' of water, over and around Dumping grounds, 1.2 to 1.7 mph. Most fish came from 30' to 20' of clear clean water all over 8' - 10' CLARITY! If you want non-stop action today was the day! Culled through 50 or 60 shorts. Water temps at 67 - 70 degrees. Heat index on Lake was not bad, with a few biting flies. Noted a few mayflies beginning to hatch.
Good job Ken. Glad to hear your chasing them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts