Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,546 Posts
After seeing that mud pit off Cleveland I would hate to see what the Western Basin looks like, hope the wind hold off for a week or two so we can actually fish decent water for the outing. If not I might just go camping elsewhere you can't fish in mud like that.

·
761 Posts
What you can see through the clouds in the satellite images looks like there might be a clear pocket of water a mile or two off shore in the western basin - hopefully it will clear up enough by the weekend.

·
getting wEYESer every day
1,288 Posts
Majority of the reefs area still looks pretty muddy though. Might be able to fish the outside edges.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,546 Posts
I'm not sure yet but yes I was thinking Lorain or Cleveland of course.

I'm going for sure just don't know where yet, I got one more seat to fill also.

Depends on the water clarity my buddy is going to take a look at the lake thursday and we'll go from there.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I was not looking for a seat, more like someone to talk to when on the water.
Got the boat all ready just looking for the right time and place. I am leaning towards Lorain as I think it may be a little soon for Cleveland??

And it seems there are "NOT" reports coming in from Lorain.;)

Let me know what you decide if you could.

reo

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,546 Posts
Ohh it's cool I know you wheren't looking for a seat I wasn't offerering at this point anyway's. Well it looks like I got two plus me going for sure Friday, I actually do think we are going to do Lorain, since they are NOT doing any good over there off the rocks.

I will work with you on the radio for sure man, should be in the water by 7:15 at the latest at Hotwaters. White/red striped Ranger 621 with white motors. Just holla for Kgone, most likely be on 68.

Well I don't know if it's to early for Cleveland I have't tried, but if Lorain did NOT fire maybe Cleveland is ready, I haven't looked off Cleveland in two weeks, at the time it was pretty barren out there except for some marks around the artifical reef.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,546 Posts
Thanks Matt, what looks good looks good but what's bad looks bad and like chocolate milk at least the guys fishing west can at least find some clean water. I'm not going west this weekend I'm fishing Lorain and Cleveland. If anyone plans on being out holla at me out there.

·
KrustyDawg
2,632 Posts
I'm gonna try the Huron area this weekend when I get the boat in. I was thinking of running to Kelley's but that is not looking good. The water has been cleaning up nicely the past few days around Huron. If we don't get any nasty blows the rest of the week the water clarity should be fishable. Good luck to all that hit the water, may your coolers be heavy at the end of the day !:D

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Friday night winds northeast at 30 knots increasing to 40 knots gales, waves 10-14 feet.
Saturday north winds 10-20- knots waves running 1-3, 2-4 feet.
I be up in the late afternoon or on sunday if at all.
Dont look like a lot of clearing of the water is in store for us.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,546 Posts
DANG NABIT KRICKER KROKER...man is that bad news, suckssssss I wanted to go :T so bad!!

I think I just might go tonight I have nothing to do, with a little north wind it might help. Will post in the morning. tonight Im just hitting Cleveland

·
Registered
166 Posts
I am coming up on Thur-Mon,sure don't look good for Fri.,although the lures would have ALOT of action-lol.Do you guys fish Huron/Lorain the same way you fish in the fall? I have only fished that area in the fall.The water sure looks alot cleaner over there.I plan on trying around Kelleys/Islands area on Thurs.Good luck to any who venture out. Steve

1 - 20 of 24 Posts