close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Looks good for BPS Akron!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MSmith2004, May 23, 2007.

1. Looks like they approved the tax break for Bass Pro to come to Akron. It said in the paper they had a "verbal contract" with BPS to officially build on the Goodyear site once it moves.

2. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

thats getting closer i can be to there in a little over an hr i can work with that, however the accountant (Wife) won't like it.

3. I,m a little over 5 minutes away. i don't know if my bank account can hold up to one being that close.

4. Where at in Akron are you? I'm about a 5-10 minute drive from there also. (north hill)

5. It sure would be good for Akron and will fill a big void in the northeastern ohio fishing supply market!!! I hope the deal goes through!!

6. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

i hope so also. be nice to have that one spot fishing place.

but if the deal goes through when do you think they will have it up? as far able to shop.

their just moving into another building right?

7. I'm in Ellet, Nick.

8. Oh, not far from me at all!

9. They are goodyears current headquarter building since goodyear is moving a few blocks away. So it shouldn't take "too long" once goodyear moves but you never know. Probably be a lot of remodeling.

10. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I'll beleive it when I see it and not until then. Especially since they are building south of Toledo!!

11. Agreed. I'll believe it when I hear of a written contract, but until then, a BPS within 10 minutes of me is still just a dream. It'd be a great way to pass the time during my breaks between classes though since it's just down the street.

12. TheSonicMarauder

TheSonicMarauder Yes i slept on the couch

OH GREAT....... how am i ever gonna get around to saving up for a Ferrari with a BPS that close.............. ALL IS LOST...........oh well FISH ON! ;)

13. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

ya true they have the north and the south. So there best bet is to put the store in around 71 and 13 in mansfield then my wife can work there i can get discounts and be broke all the time Right on.

14. all i can say is lucky. im 2 hours from cincy, 3 1/2 from akron, and 3 from wheeling you guys are lucky i cant catch a break.

15. KaGee

KaGee Monkeywrench Staff Member

Yep, ground has broken on that project.
    FYI... they have several store models. Rossford is getting the big one from everything that's been talked about.

Maybe BPS just wants to have a presence in the area to compete against Cabellas possible entry in that marketplace.
    Kinda like Lowes and Home Depot. Where there's one, the other will soon appear.

16. nice...

looking forward to this...

i hope they step it upo and have a great lake erie/walleye section!!!

Frank

17. Probably already posted but here ya go......