Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow anglers!!! Hoping you and your loved ones had a wonderful July 4th. Does anyone know where there would be decent shore fishing around Catawba, Marblehead, Sandusky, or Huron from any piers or points. Guess fish species wouldnt be very important as long as there was something to catch..usually on slip bobbers and live bait. Please..any help, info, or advice would be greatly appreciated. I practice catch and release and just for the thrill of fishing Lake Erie. And will post any kind of success I,d have once there. Thank you and hoping the best for each and every one of you.:G

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
hey hows it goin'? I always do very well on catfish in the sandusky bay and east harbor state park. low light times of the day are best. I always use a slip sinker rig with 1 to 2 whole night crawlers off the bottom but you can use big slip bobbers too. There's some monsters in there so I wouldn't recommend using less than 10-12lb test. You can also catch a good number of smallmouth, largemouth and rock bass in the marinas and bays. If you like pier fishing, marblehead lighthouse and metzger marsh pier are really good to have some fun from shore in that area. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
684 Posts
I like the lakeside pier, but there is the gate pass to contend with during the summer. You can get a 3 hour evening pass for like 5.50 if you tell them you aren't going to the evening program. If you want a free spot - try mazurik or dempsey fishing access - both have places to sit and rodholders. You'll have a shot at almost anything, and cats for sure. Marblehead lighthouse is a very good spot, too, but wear something with good traction if you are considering wading. If fishing for cats, though, there's plenty of spots on the rocks at the light where you can set up and just fling your bait out. I kill them on shrimp from the grocery store.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your reply,s!!! Some good sounding information and its very much appreciated!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts