close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Looking to compile a list of campgrounds with good fishing

Discussion in 'The Camp Fire' started by boss302, Jun 5, 2017.

1. As the title says, I figured it'd be a good use of this thread to develop a list of campgrounds that happen to have good or at least decent fishing. I'll go with two recent local visits that supprised me.

1) Streetsboro KOA - had fun "pond" fishing for small to decent sized bass and nice bluegill including a fish Ohio class specimen.

2) Also local to NE Ohio, roundup lake in Mantua. Small lake (~5 acres) with good action for small to medium bass and average sunfish shore fishing and good bass and crappie fishing from a human propelled boat. Did see some 18 -20 inch bass caught, but best for me was probably 16 - inches - made up for size in sheer number caught.

What are your best campgrounds with fishing??

2. Mosquito lake state park campground !

3. hear good things about East Harbor State Park

4. fishing pole

fishing pole Off the beaten path

Allegheny wilderness islands

5. YAK_THE_FLIPPER

YAK_THE_FLIPPER Just South of Cincinnati

Anderson Road Campground/Percy Priest Lake near Nashville Tn. The campground has it's own boat ramp and some of the camp sites are right on the lake where you can launch kayak and canoes directly from the camp site.

6. West Branch State Park Campground. Punderson also

7. kayak1979

kayak1979 Banned

I would like to find a place to camp where I could fish for trout that are plentiful in a lake. I'm not. I would probably have to drive North to find such a place.

8. fishing pole

fishing pole Off the beaten path

Try the finger lakes for trout. I can give you more info if needed

9. Can't leave out Salt Fork. Awesome camp and lake. ;)

10. I've herd great things about the cave-run campgrounds.
    We used to camp on the st.clair river in Algonac michigan,that was great. Great fishing bye day,an got to watch the barges go up/down river at night

11. Has anyone camped/fished at Tappan Lake? I'd like to do a few days there soon. Recommendations on which area to tent camp? How's the fishing there? Thanks for your help.

12. AtticaFish

AtticaFish Jiggin Freak

Lake Hudson Recreation Area, MI

Just North of the Ohio border. Only 50 or so sites total. Pretty primitive camping.... has electric but only a hand pump well for water. Pit toilets. Self registration. Gravel road to access the campground. Nice big sites with thick woods in between the sites unless you share the same electric box. Big no wake lake with both deep water and shallow weedy areas. Musky, walleye, largemouth, perch, crappie, bluegill. Very cool place. :cool:

percidaeben likes this.
  13. Going to be at Berlin lake less then week. Even though there are no bathrooms or showers, last time I was there it was very nice.

14. From experience I can say that Guilford Lake has a nice little campground. Clearfork has non electric ten camping and about 4 or 5 transient electric sites, but they are right next to the road-of course!

Mooner likes this.
  15. Algonquin Canada is nice. I have done 3 canoe trips up there 6-8 days long.