close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Looking to buy aquariums

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by fishfinder, Jun 18, 2007.

1. fishfinder

fishfinder trying

0   0   0

I'm looking for something around 29 to 55 gallons. Looking to get back into the hobby. It is very much appreciated if anyone here can spare a tank or two for a decent price. Might consider something a little bigger if a reasonable price can be set.

2. chrisoneal

chrisoneal Catching Them Hog Cat's

0   0   0

i got a 55 with a stand and hood with filters lights gravel. And i also have a 125 im looking to get rid of let me know your prices and we might be able to work something out.

3. fishfinder

fishfinder trying

0   0   0

What do you feel would be a reasonable price on the 55. Thats a pretty far drive though. About an hour or so. Just depends on what you need out of it. Also is it an wood or metal stand. Also need to know the condition of the tank. Scratches, etc. . Any details at all.

4. fishmeister

fishmeister

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Maybe take a look at this website http://forum.columbusfishclub.org/
    Fish keepers from about a 100 mile radius around central Ohio. The Buy and Sell board has several aquariums listed in the past week.

I hope this helps.

5. fishnfool

fishnfool out4dabig1

0   0   0

how much for the125? I've been wanting to get a big tank to put acouple of bass and baby walleye in.

6. chrisoneal

0   0   0

i have to let you know later on about the 55 im getting it back from my aunts house. all wood. 125g i would want to get 800 for $250 for the filter custom stand 3 light all the gravel. Fish you can have plants alot of live ones and a bunch of drift let me know.

7. chrisoneal

0   0   0

i mean thats what i paid for it brand new 5 months old will include in the 800 for everything i will get pics if you would like.

8. fishfinder

fishfinder trying

0   0   0

so for the 125 its $250 dollars. whats the 800 for there, just wondering?

9. fishnfool

fishnfool out4dabig1

0   0   0

I'm confused, can someone help me?

10. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

0   0   0

Yo - Fishnfool, think twice about those bigger natives.
    I've done bass and such in the past, and they will eat you out of house and home, out grow the tank, then wreak havoc in your aquarium!
    I think bass and bluegills are the worst of all.
    I've got a 120 river tank with native darters and such, and they are really cool.
    People that have never seen my tank are amazed that such brightly colored fish are Ohio natives.
    Check it out here - lotsa info -http://forum.nanfa.org/index.php?sid=5ae7aa7dced0aad3d00b4f5b9b33b774

11. chrisoneal

0   0   0

Yea im sorry about that i was letting you know that the filter cost me $250 Im looking to get $800 out of the whole tank. with everything. SOrry about the confusion

12. Book

Book

0   0   0

Fishfinder, I have a brand new 55 gallon tank, hood, and wood stand I can sell. The tank hasn't had a drop of water in it. I bought it a couple of years ago and never used it. I'll sell it for $225.

13. fishfinder

fishfinder trying

0   0   0

where are you located at book. i might be interested in that.

14. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

0   0   0

I have a 200 gallon completely set up and running that I will let go for 600.00. Has some huge Ciclids in it (Frontosas 3 of them) that are flown in from Africa too.

Gene

15. fishnfool

fishnfool out4dabig1

0   0   0

I was wondering how bass and bluegill wouldo in a tank being as agressive as they are. i just thought it would be neat to see how they react under different conditions

16. Book

Book

0   0   0

I'm in Westerville. Northeast side of Columbus.

17. fishfinder

fishfinder trying

0   0   0

Thats a little too far for me to go.

18. Book

Book

0   0   0

Let me know if you change your mind.

19. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

0   0   0

The bass and Gills pick their own spots and get along fine.....unless they are eating size. I had a 4.5 lb bass that ate me out of house and home before I finally let it return to the lake. Was a blast watching him feed tho......and those gills were no slouches when it came to supper time either!

Gene

20. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

0   0   0

I had a smallie and a largemouth that started out as fingerlings.
    They are cool to watch. Had a bud come over with some beer and minnows, wanted to drink a few and watch the bass feed. He dumped 3-4 doz minnows
    in the tank. I counted to 45, and they were all gone! He didn't even get to crack his beer or sit down!! Kinda funny - having a 6" bass stare at you with 2 doz minnows in his mouth. The look on the minnows faces was kinda funny too - they were staring out at you from inside the bass's mouth....
    Fed them some leftover leeches one time, they went totally crazy devouring them. It got old after a year, and I let them loose.
    Perch are a little more mellow in the tank, and I actually liked watching them feed even more. They ate with a little more finesse, not like a vacuum cleaner.
    Got two gills in my office tank right now, but after two years, they're on their
    way out now.