close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Looking for Walleye

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by jetdrivr, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Looking to do some walleye fishing wednedsday and thursday. Planning on fishing inland with my boat. Haven't been out since June so I'm a little out of touch with where the bite is...if any! Any tips that may narrow down my search would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

you may want to try pymy, depending on the size of your motor. how are you planning to fish?

3. motor is too big for pymy...I usually fish WB, but would love to try Berlin if it is on. I know my way around WB...and have had a lot of success there in the past. Seems most people are there for everything but the walleye.

As far as tactics...I'm open to anything. Usually a jig and crawler or minnow but I'm not opposed to trolling or cranking for them if that's what they want.

4. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

I love WB, always seem to pick up a few eyes. don't know about berlin though.

5. I have not been out all summer so I'll probably be hooking
    up w/ my brother -n-law and taking my 14 ft. sea nymph
    up to eye fish at Pymy....
    might start out trolling some black/chrome hots and drag
    a worm harness around too.....

south or north end ?...anyone ?...

steely123

6. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

i've been fishing the south end.

7. Think I might start out by bay 41 early
    friday morning and
    troll the hotties....see what turns up in some deeper water....

steely123

8. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

I'll probablly be all over the south end fishing for bass, we usually put in at the ohio st park ramp just north of birches. if you see me and another guy, stop and say hi. i got a 14ft sea-nymph, johnson 4stroke9.9, and a kicker plate with electric motor.

9. I'll give a holler if we see ya...i also have a 14 ft. sea nymph, blue sea nymph decals, a 2-stroke 9.9 Johnson, piece of crap motor guide 23 lb thrust circa 1970 or something....but it works.....

we may put in above birches also, but more like at snodgrass after we do
    breakfast somewhere over in jamestown if we can find a place....

i grew up at my grandparents in the 'dothit' sp? allotment, right on the shenango 'bout a mile or two down from the d a m. And I have always loved that lake....should'nt have stayed away as long as I have but finding a partner to fish with is hard since the buddies all had kids....

I think I'll start out with black/chrome hotty and a harness...

good luck to ya

steely123