Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a charter scheduled for Sunday out of Marblehead and I'm looking for any reports I can. We'll be drifting and I heard that silver and gold have been producing but I'm looking for more accurate reports if I can get them. Any and all reports are appreciated. I'll post results/pics on Sunday. Thanks in advance! :D

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Excellent Outing - perfect weather for a perfect day! Seven guys and we all but limited out - 41 'eyes all together for the group. 3 Fish O's (biggest was a 29 1/2" - 10+# hawg with the shoulders bigger than my own!), 10-12 between 26" & 27 1/2" and the rest going between 23"-25". Only three were under 24" What a day! 168 lbs total weight of walleyes alone. That's not including the 2 perch (one 13 1/2" Fish O) 3 catfish (one was 10+#) a 3# smallmouth, and some of the biggest sheephead I've ever seen caught! All fish came on various colors of weight-forward spinners. Our captain told us this was the best haul he has seen in almost 2 years! Great day to be out. I'll post the pics that I have of my 27 1/4" 'eye soon. Gotta love the the big pond!

·
Registered
162 Posts
It sounds like you had a weekend that we all dream about. I'm heading up to the Marblehead area this weekend. Any info you can give me re: location, etc. would be greatley appreciated.

·
Registered
805 Posts
pymybob, were u guys just off marblehead? In between there and Kelly's? Or did ya go deeper.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I fished with Boytim Charter Service based out of Marblehead. We fished around Pelee Island across the border. Our Capt., Ned Boytim, told us that he was having luck there and I trust his judgement...EVERYTIME! Boy did he hit the mark on that one. We fished between 20' - 32' of water. The drifting/trolling pack was very small and we were on fish from the first cast (first fish caught was the largest all day) at 8:30 til 3:00. The last hour we spent trying to pick up the last one for our limit but just couldn't pull it off.

I tell you the conditions were absolutely perfect. Overcast all day with 1' - 3'ers steady all morning into early afternoon. Once the chop stopped and the clouds cleared, the big boys were gone! I have never been out on a trip like that were so many large fish were caught. Just another case of perfect conditions on the water with a Capt. who put us on the perfect spot.

As for the "famous" Pymatuning Bob, I think you might be mistaken...even though I think I'm pretty famous in my own circle of friends and family...

The pic I have is still too large. I'll reduce it some more at work tomorrow and post it ASAP.

Tight Lines!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts