Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas...does anyone know where the infamous "hot hole" is on lake erie suppose to be really really good fishing for catfish....only thing I have to go on is that a DTE power plant is located right there on the body of water where the cats are located...need help finding it...thanks

·
Catcher of big fish
628 Posts
Aren't we all!

It is beween the Raisin river power plant and Bolles Harbor. The water is very high this year, which would be good if you are exploring because it gets very shallow at the entrance to the hole.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wanted to catch some really big cats and that seems like a real nice place to get it done'

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I wanted to catch some really big cats and that seems like a real nice place to get it done'
You might want to consider fishing in Sandusky Bay if you want to tangle with some big cats. Personally I have not fished it but there are plenty of people who do and I know it is a great fishery. I have taken my grandsons right out front of the channel mouths around Locust Point (anchored off to one side of course) and done very well on channel cats this time of year.

·
Registered
785 Posts
You might want to consider fishing in Sandusky Bay if you want to tangle with some big cats. Personally I have not fished it but there are plenty of people who do and I know it is a great fishery. I have taken my grandsons right out front of the channel mouths around Locust Point (anchored off to one side of course) and done very well on channel cats this time of year.
AHHHH..the Hot Pond!! won alot of bass tourney from there before everyone knew the huge bass were there..best was 26-2oz 5 fish at a Red Man..got me 5 grand plus big fish 1500....good day

·
Registered
123 Posts
From yesterday at the bay total 21 cats in 4 hours shrimp
20170527_172541.jpg

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts