Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to try surf fishing this year and looking for some used rod and reel combos that I could repurpose as surf combos. Looking for spin tackle, rods between 10 and 12 feet. Not looking to break the bank. I can meet anywhere between circleville and lima. Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have a couple of 11 footers but no reels 1 is a ugly stick i paid 60 will take 35 and a master for 25 and also a 12 ft master one the best surf rods built if interested call me at 937-213-1165

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am working on a deal right now on two ugly stick combos but if it falls through I will give you a call.

Thanks!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Check out Cabelas "king cat" rods. They are for cat fishing but I use mine for cats and surf fishing. I guess it depends on how long you want them? Mine are 8ft. I believe they sell up to 10ft. For around $60 bucks! Add the Cabelas lifetime warranty, and it was a no brainer for me.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
131 Posts
I am kind of a Cabelas junkie, so I use the Cabelas "salt striker" reels. They are heavy duty and affordable. They also have a "bait feeder" device on them. Which is basically a lever you switch and the reel will let line out and click, so you know you are getting a bite. Instead of having the fish rip your rod into the water.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

1 - 6 of 6 Posts