Looking for Someone who can weld aluminum NE Ohio

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by Hawg-Eye, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Hawg-Eye

Hawg-Eye

0   0   0

I have a 14' alumacraft john that is completely set up and ready to go but in need of a patch of about 12"x12" on a flat section of the bottom. (a family member set a battery on top of the boat while it was stored upside down and it ate through)

Looking for someone in NE Ohio - Youngstown area, that I can take this boat to for a quick weld job. I can't do aluminum (and can barely weld steel for that matter).

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

2. papaperch

papaperch

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

E. L. Machine & Welding Co. Inc. Phone 330-547-5155. I can personally recommend these guys. They did a beautiful job on my pontoon boat. They are located on SR 224 west of the intersection of 224 & 45 .

I think they do quality work at affordable prices. My neighbor suggested them to me.

3. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

0   0   0

How about the same question, but a little closer to the Cleveland area?

4. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

0   0   0

i am wanting to get a pair of pods welded to the back of my boat too.

5. FishON32

FishON32

0   0   0

What kind of boat are you looking at welding some extension pods on? About what size?

6. Hawg-Eye

Hawg-Eye

0   0   0

thanks papaperch, I called them and they said it had to be done with a TIG and would be a slow process @ 65/hr + material. but shouldnt take more than an hour or 2.

7. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

0   0   0

fishon32 it is a 16.5 lowe deep v. duckwaterboats.com may be a good place to get my pods. i am waiting for a reply now . they are in dover ohio.

8. fowltalk

fowltalk Banned

0   0   0

likely this repair could be done by yourself......w/o TIG welding. the product u need is "structural adhesive", basicly 2 part epoxy, caulked out of a gun. all the major veh mnfct use this process to bond door skins, qrt panels, bed sides and such to their mating surface....this chit is strong!!! cut your alum patch oversize aprox 2", one patch on top, the other below (sandwiched together) top & bottom of boat. spread the epoxy inbetween & overlapping the 2" edge, then compress together or apply adequate weight to bond.....read the directions. it will setup in aprox 30 min........baby, your done!! you will spend less than 50 buck for all material.......it won't sink either!! the epoxy is made by 3M or SEM, u can find this product at most auto paint & body stores that carry "paint & body supplies"....not Autozone or Napa.

i was in the body bizz for 18yrs.

9. FishON32

FishON32

0   0   0

Yeah It would probably be cheaper to buy some than for someone to make a one off set.

10. Hawg-Eye

Hawg-Eye

0   0   0

Thanks I will give that a try first. Sounds like it will save some hassle.