close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Looking For Some Crappie

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by redman, May 4, 2004.

1. Was thinking about hitting either mogadore or springfield lake this weekend. Are there any crappie hitting out there.
    I just Got my Boat and I have yet to catch anything in it.
    how are the cats hitting out here also

2. Go to West Branch for crappies . They are killing them out there now.

3. I have had a couple of people tell me I should hit west branch. I know nothing about west branch, I dont think I have been there in 25 years. I dont even know where to launch my boat or where to fish at.
    I only have a 12 ft fiberglass with a 28 lb trolling motor so going any real distance may be a little hard.
    any advice from people would be a really great help. I might go there if I can get some pointers.
    jason

4. You can launch at the Rock Springs Road dirt ramp and be on fish, with the 28# trolling motor within two minutes of getting in the water. Look for them in coves, around the fallen trees, flooded bushes, and willows. Minnow tipped tubes, 1/32 to 1/16oz, chartruse works the best. You gotta get right up in the structure though.

Good luck and I hope you get them out there.

They're also catching slabs off the Mosquito Causeway, if you can get up there.

Carl

5. :confused: dont mean to sound dumb but where is the causeway at mosquito

6. It's the Rt 88 causeway, closer to the Northern end of the lake. Just get a map, look for Rt 88 and look where it crosses the lake.

Carl